English Premier League 2020/21

big allegations from both sides, but can see what an arsenal fan would selectively quote

I had only seen the one quote.

That’s messed up though.

as @Europhoric can attest too, greek cops are the absolute pinnacle of integrity. especially mykonos ones.

transcript of martha’s twitter feed.

Harry Maguire’s legal team are requesting a postponement to the case, claiming they didn’t have sufficient time to prepare.

Maguire’s lawyer Alexis Anagnostakis said the list of charges was finalised just yesterday, so he only received a hard copy of the file this morning - two hours ahead of today’s trial. He didn’t even have the time to discuss in depth with his clients, he says.

Court is taking a break to consider this submission from Maguire legal team for an adjournment.

The lawyer for Harry Maguire says he has in his possession a video from outside the police station on Mykonos which he says shows the three defendants on the night in state of “extreme agony” which he needs more time to verify.

Defence lawyer getting very animated as he repeatedly asks for an adjournment and is repeatedly denied by the judge.

Ok, the trial is now going ahead today - against the wishes of Harry Maguire’s defence team.

Maguire’s defence claim two Albanian men approached his sister Daisy, they injected her with something and she immediately fainted. They called their van and asked to be driven to hospital, but driver took them to the police department.

Defence say that when they arrived at police station they were assaulted by officers who kicked Harry on his leg telling him “your career is over”.

The prosecution team say plain clothes police officers intervened to try calm the situation down but the “English men” did not calm down and one of the defendants said “■■■■, ■■■■ the police” and one of the defendants punched an officer.

Prosecution allege that once at the police station Harry Maguire said: “Do you know who I am? I am the captain of Manchester United, I am very rich, I can give you money, I can pay you, please let us go”

Police officer (witness for prosecution) now being cross examined by Maguire lawyer. He says he didn’t see two Albanian men hitting the English group. He is asked by lawyer how, then, he would explain the serious injuries found on one of defendants by the medical examination.

Prosecution witness Nikolaos Kolios, a Mykonos police officer, says that two of the defendants ran away from them to get in a van. He says they pushed the officers away with their hands and legs as soon as the van door opened.

The defence says they were breaking away to make a phone call. Police officer counters that he didn’t see them make a phone call.

Police officer (witness for prosecution) says he received first aid while trying to make arrest, because Harry Maguire got infuriated when he realised he was handcuffed and tried to break away from him.

A second police officer called by prosecution offers a similar story to the first. He claims that at the police station Harry Maguire said to him: “please, let me go, I am very rich, I can pay, I am the leader of Manchester United.”

Another police officer now giving evidence. He says during handcuffing Harry Maguire pushed him hard and he fell back hurting his back. Also says he was injured on the leg. He says he was injected with painkillers and took the next day off to recover.

If someone stabs your sister, you have every right to put them in the hospital

The Ben Stokes eye for an eye approach!

From BBC:

Manchester United captain Harry Maguire has been given a suspended sentence of 21 months and 10 days in prison after his trial on the Greek island of Syros.
The England defender, 27, was found guilty of repeated bodily harm, attempted bribery, violence against public employees and insult after arrest on Mykonos.
Maguire said after Tuesday’s verdict that he had instructed his legal team “with immediate effect to inform the courts we will be appealing”.
“I remain strong and confident regarding our innocence in this matter - if anything myself, family and friends are the victims,” he added.

An alleged brawl involving England footballer Harry Maguire on the Greek island of Mykonos was sparked after his sister was injected with a suspected “rape drug”, a court has heard.

Maguire’s ordeal sounded horrible, after listening to his interview.

On top of Magoos worries in Greece, … now Pogba’s tested positive for Covid.

14 days iso has begun. Here’s hoping it doesn’t get hold or afflict him as it could.

Man U,… keeping those Clicks a comin’.

Nice win by the Gunners over the Scousers in the Community Shield. Arteta making the right moves with the club at the moment, has the players playing a better brand of football. Not saying they are going to win the League or anything, but can see them climbing back up the ladder and maybe making it into the top level of Europe at the end of this campaign.

4 Likes

Don’t get ahead of things, mate.

We won the Community Shield. We’ve won it 4 times in the last 7 years and it hasn’t done us much good.

Still, I agree with you. Arteta looks to be getting things on track, and I’m much happier that we won the Shield than I would be if we had lost it.

So far, so good. But we’ve been a long way down, and it will be a long climb back up.

2 Likes

Always good to add more silverware to the cabinet but the shield is a glorified practice match. When the season kicks off officially half of those players won’t even be in the side.

Hard not to get excited by what Arteta is doing though. On paper we have a subpar team but he is getting them to play good solid football and has eradicated most of the mistakes that we were making under Emery. Our ability to push for a top 4 spot this year will depend on how he integrates Willian and the two young centre backs into the side. I suspect he will play a back three with Luiz in the middle and Willian playing behind Auba or Nketiah. There will be some tough questions up front with all of Saka, Auba, Willian, Lacazette and Pepe vying for position as well as Martinelli when he comes back from injury and a host of talented kids.

Personally I would sell Lacazette and reinvest that money into a midfielder where I feel that’s still our weak spot. Maybe they are waiting on Auba to commit before making any decisions.

It’s going to be a patient rebuild for Arteta but I feel like there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.

3 Likes

I thought the game was on tomorrow! LOL!

1 Like

Sorry if I didn’t explain myself properly. We still have some problems at the club, the least of which is the owner, but Arteta is offering long suffering fans some hope. There is no guarantee that anything will change in two weeks time and we will remain a middle of the road club (how it hurts to say that), but winning games is winning games.
One of our biggest issues is Ozil. We are paying the bloke an absolute motza, not to play because he doesn’t want to buy in to Arteta’s vision. 330k + per week for a clown to sit on the sidelines. We are his retirement fund, because surely his attitude will have any other club thinking twice about employing him. His refusal to leave hurts our ability to chase talent financially.

Re-signing Aubameyang has to be the clubs highest priority, he is the most prolific scorer in the PL for the last 5 years, in a club that hasn’t challenged. Get his signature, sell some of the lesser lights who still have value and get in Gabriel and maybe Tiago, and all of a sudden the club gives the appearance of fixing itself, making it an attractive destination once again.

Can we push for top four? Who knows what the new year will bring. We are back in Europe, even if only at Europa level, we have a manager who seems to be making all the right moves and a team that seems to trust in his vision. It will be tough to make it, we don’t buy like other clubs with open chequebooks, and because of that often aren’t seen as a destination club for the best of the best who see MU, MC, C with their profligacy or L with their history as clubs they want to play for. So far though, I like what I see from the club and have hope that we can start to challenge at the top. Only time will tell.

3 Likes

Me too. Then I saw the women’s game and I thought they were Saturday and we would be Sunday. As I did not think they would be able to play 2 games at the same venue on the same day due to covid.

Donny van de Beek sat out Ajax friendly due to “developments” amid Barca and Man U transfer speculation according to Erik ten Hag.

1 Like
1 Like