Enormous Collingwood Superstar calls it a Day

I know he doesn't get any respect on these boards, and I'll probably get flamed for this, but I'm sure one one on this site pointed this out to me. He's probably the best player to play AFL that also looks like a goat.
Name another?

I think someone once said that he looks like a painter. like the ones that drive hiace vans and wear overalls covered in paint.
tell me he doesn't fit that perfectly.

If anyones interested to hear the inevitable:

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2014-07-16/live-stream-important-club-announcement

Its official, Jake killed Nick Maxwells career

Collingwood supporters to Jake Carlisle:

8c61577a1a60b90b0f4ef86d34ce862bcd6b4beb

AFL-Meme.jpg

Premiership captain. I would love one of those in my team.

All this crap about "he is a premiership captain" and you don't play 200 games without being good etc etc

Think about this:

Kosi, who we said was a dud etc etc was 2 kicks away from being a 200 game 2 time premiership player which would put him in the same group as Hird.

Yes Maxwell is a premiership captain, but if the ball bounces the right way for Milne does it make a difference to how people see both Kosi and Maxwell? So we should disregard the way he played because he won a flag? Shuold he be held in higher regard than Robbie Flower who never played in a GF (not even sure he played in a winning final?)

Guys, he was a crap footballer. He may have been an excellent leader (and sounds like he was) but don't give me this ■■■■

A bit harsh, but a funny video from a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZWCrEoil8

That should go in the Hird thread, gives ya a tingle watching his highlights, and if anyone ever needed anymore reason to want him back ASAP.

Maxwell always looks like he's sky diving.

A bit harsh, but a funny video from a while back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipZWCrEoil8

That should go in the Hird thread, gives ya a tingle watching his highlights, and if anyone ever needed anymore reason to want him back ASAP.

Agreed, but what is with the attempted crotch grab at 2:33? Although to be fair i would have probably done the same thing if i had a chance

Harry O wrote a poem about his retirement :

A Career fulfilled with destinys thoughts

Captain my captain will stand against wind of hope.

A boys beginning, a mans ending

A dream of unity.  Im a flog clown moron.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!! HES GOING THROUGH ALOT! HE SAW A MURDER!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l622aSZPTU0

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!! HES GOING THROUGH ALOT! HE SAW A MURDER!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l622aSZPTU0

So I guess what he's saying is it's tough, facing his demons in the public eye.

And also that it's tough, really tough, facing his demons in the public eye. 

And that's the real issue, that being him, facing his demons, in the public eye.

And I gather, that is the real issue here. And it's tough.

in tears, going home for day.

You know what's worse? He will 100% end up as part of a commentary team. Mark it. 

He can take BT's place, starting straight away.

Nick is considering retirement? Good thinking 99.

You know what's worse? He will 100% end up as part of a commentary team. Mark it. 

He can take BT's place, starting straight away.

i have no problem with that. ill take nick over big boy bristle any day

Sentiment and meter perfect

When I first saw this thread listed I was only scanning quickly and thought it said "Enormous Collingwood Supporter calls it a Day" and when I opened it and saw Maxwell's name in the OP I thought to myself "yeah, he did cheer on the Collingwood players well".

All this crap about "he is a premiership captain" and you don't play 200 games without being good etc etc

Think about this:

Kosi, who we said was a dud etc etc was 2 kicks away from being a 200 game 2 time premiership player which would put him in the same group as Hird.

Yes Maxwell is a premiership captain, but if the ball bounces the right way for Milne does it make a difference to how people see both Kosi and Maxwell? So we should disregard the way he played because he won a flag? Shuold he be held in higher regard than Robbie Flower who never played in a GF (not even sure he played in a winning final?)

Guys, he was a crap footballer. He may have been an excellent leader (and sounds like he was) but don't give me this ****

You surely have little or no understanding of footy if you think Maxwell was a crap player - You don't play 200 games,especially in a perennial finals team and a premiership winning team if you are a crap player. And by the way - Who do you rate higher ? Maxwell or Heritier ? 

Reminded me a lot of Garry ODonnell, not a great deal of natural ability but worked really hard to get to where he was going. Fantastic leadership skills, marshalled the troops really well and has enormous respect from the club. Good on him.

And seems like a really nice bloke. One of the few Collingwood players I had any respect for.

And he doesn’t look like a goat he looks like Wallace, Gromets mate