EPL 2017/18 Thread

One started almost every game, the other subbed on in games that were done and dusted.

Ederson looks good.

LOL.

lukaku just tried capital murder on the left post.

United win 2-0.

Lukaku looking good so far but looks totally gassed about 15 minutes into a half.

That was frickin amazing from Tony to set up the opener.
1-0 at the half

Tale of two halves, finishes 1-1 and United win on pens

The worst penalty shootout I have seen in my life.

1 Like

Apparently coutinho has agreed terms with barca.

Heā€™d be going for around Ā£90m+ wouldnā€™t he??

Did he even have that good of a year last season? Great player though.

Donā€™t think liverpool sell at all, or they get a HUGE paypacket and can sign like 3-4 more players to strengthen depth/future.

Iā€™m talking like half of that neymar money.

Fair enough.

City also going hard for Mbappe as well makes you wonder if FFP is anything other than a figment of our imaginations.

Madrid trying to offload one of Benzema or Bale to generate funds and a place for him to get it over the line as I think everyone thinks that Real is what he wants.

Iā€™d love to get Bale, I must say, even despite his injuries.

There still more to come from Phil, and Iā€™d be devastated if he left. He scored 13 goals last season, which from a #10 is a decent tally, and he also missed a good 5-6 PL games with injury. The Barca machine is getting to work though, initially I thought this was a ā€œtap upā€ on him. Put in a bid, LFC reject it, he stays for another season and then at the end of 2017/18 he moves. But now with that crazy Neymar deal, should it go ahead, means they will be flush with cash. First bid 72 million, the 2nd apparently 89 million. I think he genuinely loves playing for LFC but when RM or Barca come calling very rarely to the Sth American boys resist those overturesā€¦

1 Like

Not many turn down the chance to play for their dream clubs and on huge coin too. IDK about coutinho but for many of the SA boys those are the places to be.

1 Like

Youā€™d be an idiot to think it wonā€™t happen at some point, but Iā€™d be devo if it happened now. If heā€™s not gone this window it will definitely be in the next 1-2 years at least. Heā€™s only 23 so he hasnā€™t really hit his peak. Plenty of fume on social media about it, lots of FSG hater who say they have to sell to buy first eg Suarez and Sterling.

Actually, its a win/win for liverpool i think.

Keep Phil, stay up in the top 4 area.

Sell Phil, secure the next 3 years.

You never know.

Look at De Gea. Players donā€™t always head back despite their best efforts.

I would be suprised to see Liverpool seek him TBH.

@Stallionā€™s man

West Ham chairman David Sullivan: ā€œWe knew Dimitri Payet was flawed & thatā€™s why we got him for Ā£10.5m. Itā€™s a great buy, but we bought a flawed individual & someone who could go on strike. He did it before. Thatā€™s why he never reached his full potential & why big clubs have steered clear of him.ā€

1 Like

Shots. Fired.

Every time payet posts on instagram itā€™s followed by a barrage of posts with the snake symbol.

2 Likes

matic confirmed?