EPL 2017/18 Thread

I think if you can get a manager that PSG decided was the best choice when they hired him - it can only be a good thing.

In Europe he really he’s only lost to Barcelona when the refs gifted them that Champions League leg, and Real Madrid (who are going for 3 CL’s in a row)

Interested to see how he does. Was it Wegner or was it the players?

West Ham have appointed Manuel Pellegrini as their new manager. Won the title with City in 13/14, a good get for the Hammers. His teams generally play attractive football. Will be interested to see what money will be available for new signings…

1 Like

And signing YAYA?

2 Likes

in the hole you say?

2 Likes

Emery officially named as Arsenal boss.

I am more comfortable with this appointment, I wanted Allegri but from the limited study I have done Emery looks like the best of the likely candidates. I would have been ok with Arteta, but I prefer to have someone with experience. I would not have minded if Arteta was 2IC and was learning the job with a mind to taking over in a few seasons.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for the best. But when a club has been run for 20+ years by a dominant personality like Wenger (or Sheedy or Ferguson, just to name two), it usually goes through a very difficult period when he’s replaced. It would be great if Arsenal could be the exception.

No it would be the complete opposite to great.

If this doesnt prep you for the world cup and bring back memories of your youth then you’re an old c-nt.

Or too young.

2 Likes

Club > country

Fantasy World Cup around 10 or 11pm before the days games would start.

1 Like

That’s awesome!

Love seeing who elevated themselves to super stardom

3 Likes

Waka waka

United have apparently agreed a deal with Shaktar for Fred around £44m.

Reported by Di Marzio.

Great signing if true.

How is it a great signing? Hes dominating the Ukrainian league. And I wouldn’t trust anything from DiMazio

Baddiel & Skinner pre game. Yes please!

2 Likes

I think you’d be surprised.

And Di Mazio is one of the VERY few reporters in world football that I would trust.

1 Like