EPL 2017/18 Thread

Cazorla back to Spain also.

Probably my favourite player to watch with the worst run of injuries.

I understand that Dalot is highly rated, but Ā£19m for a guy with 7 first team appearances (or is it starts, not sure) is nuts. What could you buy for Ā£19m ten years ago?

Sign of the market these days.

Just signed up for Optus Sport for $14.99 p/m before the WC. All World Cup matches live and all PL matches live as well.

Well worth the money for me as I watch so much PL it isnā€™t funny.

Used to be that only Optus customers were eligible for it so Iā€™m so happy that they have done this so I donā€™t have to bother with crappy streams on my laptop anymore and can just Chromecast it to my TV instead.

I have seen a few posters on here complain about the inconsistent quality streaming previously on here.

Has that been rectified at all?

1 Like

Havenā€™t had too many issues with quality or freezing to be honest

1 Like

This past season didnā€™t have an issue. The content is pretty good. I got a Fetch TV box so I can watch on my TV and it goes OK. Iā€™d have preferred if Fox Sports retained the rights so I didnā€™t have to purchase it in addition to Foxtel thoughā€¦

1 Like

Foxtel has the EPL, ā€¦ does it not have the WC too?

Foxtel doesnā€™t have the EPL and they only have all the WC warm up games.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  Optus

Had to check that, coz I know I watched it on there this year, ā€¦ turns out they just have deals with 6 clubs, of which Man U is one, which is about all I watch, so I didnā€™t realise, ā€¦ looks like Reddit it is then, ā€¦

Yes, several clubs have deals with Foxtel and some even have their own channel but none of them are live. All games are shown on delay. SBS had 1 live game per week and the rest were on Optus

1 Like

We are on the move picking up Jimenez from Benficaā€¦

Also bought and sold Benik Afobe for a $2m profit over the last fortnight. We have hopefully also acquired Rui Patricio, keeper for Portugal.

At least Iā€™ll have some players to follow in the World Cup after we get knocked out.

Wolves have secured the signing of Mexico and SL Benfica forward Raul Jimenez, subject to international clearance and work permit.

The 27-year-old centre-forward joins the club on a season long loan, becoming Nuno Espirito Santoā€™s first new signing of the summer.

Jimenez has won 62 caps for his country, scoring 14 goals, and is part of the Mexico squad travelling to Russia for the 2018 FIFA World Cup.

Jimenez began his career for Club AmƩrica, helping his boyhood side clinch two Liga MX titles, before securing a move to Europe and AtlƩtico Madrid.

After a season and 21 appearances in Spain, the six-foot-two-inch striker moved to Benfica where he helped fire the Lisbon outfit to back-to-back Primeira Liga titles.

In 120 appearances for Benfica he scored 31 goals and created 15, and averaged a goal or assist every 75 minutes in last seasonā€™s title winning campaign.

Jimenez also has 22 Champions League appearances to his name, as well as Portuguese Cup, Portuguese League Cup and Portuguese Super Cup winners medals.

The combative frontman also won gold whilst representing his country at the London 2012 Olympics, and will take the number 9 jersey into this summerā€™s World Cup, where he is expected to play a part in group stage fixtures against Germany, South Korea and Sweden.

1 Like

Anthony Martialā€™s agent comes out and says he wants to leave which isnā€™t a surprise considering how Mourinho has treated him.

But United hold all the cards since he is still under contract for a while.

We better not let him go for peanuts like we always do.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/IFTVofficial/status/1007012603401572355

2 Likes

He hasnā€™t played well enough to be a certain starter. He doesnā€™t work back enough which Jose demands of all his players

Send him our way, please!

Show us the money!

Makes you wonder whether just going a different manager wouldā€™ve been best since weā€™re gonna spend a billion dollars on a squad that fits him

We are spending it fast, so better get in quick.