EPL 2022/23

So, if Leicester win both of their final matches they’ll survive irrespective of what Everton and Leeds do. Goal difference will get them clear.

Lose tomorrow (almost certain, you’d think) , it’s still possible they can survive but it then depends on the other two not getting points in the final round and Leicester beating West Ham.

Really, they need a miracle at Newcastle or theyre cooked. I can see Everton knicking points from Bournemouth in a must-survive scenario.

On our side of the coin, thank goodness we’re not part of the equation! I’m hopeful we can go to Palace and get a result. We can’t catch the Hammers, but it’s possible we could jump Bournemouth into 15th. Which I’d have accepted gleefully last July.

1 Like

After the events of the last two days I legit forgot we have one last game vs Palace

Ironically my birthday present arrived on Friday and massive relief that the EPL badge is relevant at least for next season

4 Likes

Well, looks like everyone will be happy if my Foxes win and relegate Leeds and Everton.

Let’s do this.

2 Likes

I’m happy if Leicester stay up at the expense of The Ev.

I want Leicester to go down

Foxes using an 8-1-1 formation. :joy::joy::joy:
Worst game I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Don’t think they have crossed halfway yet.
Newcastle should be 3 or 4 nil uo

Thel olz if they ■■■■ a winner

The point makes it interesting on the last day.

Newcastle seal a CL spot but open the door for United to finish third

So Leicester and Leeds must win, with Leeds needing Leicester to not win. And if Leicester win, Everton have to win too to stay up.

Leicester nearly nicked a winner at the end. But yeah, all to play for on Sunday for those 3 clubs. Leeds, Leicester, I’m not overly fussed which one of you stays up, but please relegate Everton and you’ll always have a soft spot in my heart!

2 Likes

Yep.

So it’s

Everton 33 points v Bournemouth
Leicester 31points v West Ham.
Leeds 31 points v Spurs.

Bournemouth checked out a while ago , they’ve been poor. I’d expect Everton to claim the points in this situation , which makes the others irrelevant. But you never know, I guess. Leicester’s goal difference will save them if they can get a win and Everton only draw. No idea how committed Hammers will be, they have the Europa to win but it is almost two weeks away. And who the hell can guess what Spurs will produce. All over the shop.

Interesting quirk that all three have home games at the death. I’m very thankful Forest don’t need a win at Palace to survive.

1 Like

Better than Craig Levein’s 6-4-0 for Scotland

1 Like

You’ve done well to get that this late. Looks like the home shirts are sold out.

Kind of funny how it came to be
Mrsharvs asked me just after we lost to Liverpool what I wanted for my birthday
I said a Forest shirt
She said but they’re gonna get relegated
Don’t care I have faith and may be years before I can get one with an EPL badge
So I ordered it and we won our last three home games which I’m more than happy to take the credit for :red_circle: :red_circle:

2 Likes

Might have more chance if they play in the A League? mrjez

1 Like

Spurs are looking increasingly likely to appoint Arne Slot from Feyenoord. I like it, his work in the Dutch league sounds impressive.

Brighton with a well deserved point against City.
Top 6 and a Euro spot was already assured but they can’t catch Liverpool now. Amazing season for them

4 Likes

I like Brighton, a great business model and they’re just solidly good. I thought they might get unsettled when Potter left, but no, their system just ticks over and they get it done.

That said, their last 5 or 6 weeks is extraordinary, lol. Hammered by Everton, badly beaten by Forest, smack Arsenal, slaughtered Wolves, defeat ManU . Good luck making sense of that formline.

2 Likes