EPL 2022/23

Not perfect by any stretch and copped a few batterings along the way, but yes definitely a good first season from ETH despite a very thin squad and lots of injuries and suspensions to key players as well.
Liverpoo finishing 5th is the cherry on top.

1 Like

Honestly though its about where deserve to be.

Very much a middle of the road season. Who we chase to fill Bobby’s spot will interesting.

ANNOUNCE MAC ALLISTER

1 Like

Seems to be the pattern with Liverpool teams under Klopp. If you were to keep following the script, I guess next year you will be fighting for the title again!
I don’t think Firmino will be the big loss that Mane was in my opinion, especially if Diaz, Jota and Nunez can get on the park more often next season on top of having Gakpo and of course Salah.
Your midfield is going to need the reinforcements and MacAllister will be a good addition if you do sign him.

Definitely feeling much more positive about Utd and EFC then I have for many years, which is nice.

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ll sign a replacement for Bob. Salah, Nunez, Diaz, Gakpo and Jota is more than enough in the forward spots. Midfield is the priority. I’d also look at another CB given Matip and Gomez aren’t that reliable.

2 Likes

Ange Postecoglou to confirm his place as one of Europe’s most elite managers by turning down Spurs

6 Likes

Spurs. The club no one wants to manage.

1 Like

Ouch :joy:

1 Like

Final day of the season to start in around 6 hours. With the title and CL positions decided, the only interest left is with the 3-way battle to avoid the drop between Everton, Leeds and Leicester.

Everton v Bournemouth
Leeds v Spurs
Leicester v West Ham

The Ev currently have a 2 point gap on both Leeds and Leicester, however the Foxes have a superior goal difference which would be handy if they end up on equal points, which is possible if Everton draw and Leicester win. Leeds have a significantly inferior GD to Leicester (-9) and are 3 behind the Toffees. Their only chance of survival is to win and hope both Leicester don’t win and Everton lose.

Also, Luton Town have won promotion to the PL to become the first club to gain entry to the top flight having been in every division in the Football League, and also being out of the FL. The Hatters were last in the top tier of English football back in 1991/92, the year before the PL was formed.

1 Like

Luton’s captain went down and had to go to hospital early in the game too. It took great character for them to get the job done.

3 Likes

Who the fark decided to schedule the final round of games for 4:30 instead of 3pm. Such a ■■■■ time, have to sleep right through it all

3 Likes

Well Leeds are in strife already. Kane scores in the 2nd minute.

Villa in the box seat for Europa Conf, 2-0 up after 26.

Leicester up 1-0 and in safety as it stands after 34.

Leeds look cooked as Spurs go 2-0 up at the start of the second half.

Everton go up in the 57th.

Leicester get a second and need Bournemouth to help them out.

Come on Bournemouth. Foxes have done their bit.

1 Like

Southampton and Liverpool having a laugh at 4-4.

Pickford lying down for a bit at 1-0.

Leeds and Foxes look gone.

Everton with 10 added minutes to hang on.

Pickford makes a good save in the 94th.

Fucken Pickford

All over. Everton safe.