Essendon could be the end of Blitz

I think enough people would donate to keep it going but do you really still want to look after the server? Sounds like you want a clean cut.

2 Likes

Bomberblitz is fantastic and @Riolio you’re a legend for keeping this site going for 20 years.
But all good things come to an end.
I’m not sure about the donor model as enthusiasm might wax and wane and that puts pressure on someone to fundraise. One benefactor to replace Rolo might be easier to manage if there’s one out there.

:joy:

Also, if we pay I want to be able to post expletives without them being censored.

26 Likes

Set up something like a Patreon.

If you donate to it, no ads.

Don’t donate, you get ads.

It’s clear the forum is willing to do this.

23 Likes

I mean we could all go to bigfooty.

Oh crap, we’re do I donate.

16 Likes

■■■■ yeah

1 Like

If riolio doesnt want the money, send it to me.

2 Likes

Haha :sweat_smile:

Stallion pays $1 every time he unleashes a “LAV”

4 Likes

Put the training reports behind a pay wall and blitz will have a bank balance to rival Rupert’s

21 Likes

@Riolio I think of the three options no-one’s made an appopriate offer to buy Blitz, no-one wants Blitz to shut down, and people say they don’t mind paying for it.

So what about some subscriptions as an unwelcome, but appealingly least-worst option?

PS thanks for carrying the burden of our megabytes of anger, despair, false hope and black humour over the last two decades.

5 Likes

If we all pay do we become a “coterie” and get control of all drafting and employment decisions?

1 Like

Blitz is hosted on Vultr, because they (unlike Digital Ocean) have an Australian-located server.

CPU: 16 vCore
RAM: 65536 MB
Storage: 1280 GB SSD
Stock Weight: 420 gsm

4 Likes

happy to donate or subscribe, as i think you’ll find many here will

should also have a bake sale

2 Likes

Can’t you just put it in the cloud?

The offering of turning off your ad blockers is appreciated but wouldn’t make a dent in overall revenue. Non-logged-in traffic dwarfs logged-in (or did last time I checked).

1 Like

auction mod powers

5 Likes

Maybe we could get Big Fat Hutchy to buy blitz…

He buys everything else.

2 Likes

What’s the financial shortfall?

2 Likes

I would be happy to donate. Surely amongst the blitz community there must be some tech geeks who can look after this for us, so that rolio can retire happily.