Essendon def Geelong 110-93 Review Thread

:confused:

You were going alright until then.

16 Likes

I thought that too, ump nor commentators really fell for it, and hurls helping him up was good. hurley left with not choice tho as he was trying to get kick in. Good passage of play.

If I had to choose between them right now, Iā€™d choose FRANKLIN! but that will change during the next couple of seasons. Daniher has the capacity to redefine expectations of ruck/forwards. You can see a time not too far down the track when describing a 200cm+ mobile forward as ā€œheā€™s not bad but heā€™s no J Daniherā€.

1 Like

Not to mention Darren ā€œBorisā€ Brunswick.

3 Likes

Jason Bennett was the best part of the game.

Fk me how much does a good commentator help.

27 Likes

Pleased they brought him over from the VFL. Actually commentates the action and doesnā€™t dribble on about irrelevant nonsense.

11 Likes

Next stop Campbell Brown. I know heā€™s not liked here but heā€™s a good boundary rider IMO in the Richo mould - doesnā€™t buy into the crap that gets spouted a la Lingy and has good insight.

3 Likes

If Iā€™d known that I might have listened to 7, ā€¦ but then again, Dā€™Arsse hat was still there, so probably not.

Youā€™re talking abut Walla/Selwood here, yeah?

3 Likes

That might be difficult.
I hear that Rance has 3 FB positions sewn up.

8 Likes

Been meaning to post the same thing. Was fantastic.

4 Likes

Derp. Just realised Iā€™m listening to him on the replay, as I did the first time at 6 this morning., ā€¦

Just a tad hungover & slow today. Beats the shitt outta hearing BeeTee &/or Bwoose

Bennet reminds me of the late Clinton Grybas. Ignores the theatrics and just calls the match, but still has a little natural humour present. I like him a lot.

4 Likes

Really? Heā€™s been great for about 3 weeks, OK for a few before that but he started pretty poorly. If he keeps this form up, Iā€™ll grant you heā€™s in.

3 Likes

Are we using Louey in a purely negative role because we have nothing better? His taps arenā€™t to advantage and he never looks like taking a mark over his head. I hope we try Belly again.

We should urge him to start breedingā€¦now!

Hurls actually just wanted to get him out of the way so he could take his free kick.

1 Like

Thatā€™s only the ones that were at the game. What about the poor buggers watching or listening from everywhere else.

I like Richo with him. No pretensions, knows his footy and just seems a decent, nice bloke, not a grandstander.

6 Likes

Watched replay, and why clearances were ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– -ville.

Far out Luenberger is incredible for a blind man lol.

Any chance his taps can be creative enough to hit one of our players, or go to a space thatā€™s to their advantage?

He wins enough of them!
Can improve.

1 Like