Essendon def Geelong 110-93 Review Thread

May be coincidence but…

1 Like

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark.

Nice guy, still seemed plenty spry.

That’s so sad.
Loyal club servant and I’m presuming he passed at the game last night?
RIP Harry

Once a jolly swagman…

Ah ■■■■ it.

YOU STOLE MY HARVESTERRR!
YOU STOLE MY HARVESTERRR!

3 Likes

But Rance is the greatest full back of all time. Just ask luke darcy.

For those wanting hooker back, he is playing a role and even if he is not kicking goals (14 goals is not bad) he is making a contest and bringing the ball down in dangerous spots that allow crumbing goals. Furthermore, he is that dangerous second tall that the opposition have to pay respect to and not zone off. Maybe Stewart can play that role in time, but the forwardline is working beautifully well right now, and he is a big part of that.

It is a great option to have him able to swing back if needed too.

8 Likes

I agree with all of this, plus he will get better as he gets more accustomed to the role.
Daniher is really starting to make a name for himself too, so I wouldn’t be surprised if Hooker kicks a few bags while the attention is on Joe.
He might kick a few in his own right too, lots of upside!

We did it for ya Harry
RIP

5 Likes

Only 4 games from being 2 games clear on top of the ladder

12 Likes

If we can play a full game the way we did against Hawthorn in the first quarter, we are garunteed a premiership.

They had me scared in that last qrt but boys did well to find an extra gear and hang on apart from that man It felt good to beat to ■■■■■■■ kents.

He backs up his mistakes by correcting what he has done wrong. That’s making a good fotballer better.

Matt Dea really struggles when playing the ‘Matty Dea’ role, but he’s pretty good at the ‘Marty Gleeson’ role.

Wntf does that mean?

Usually Gleeson catcopies whipping boy Stanton.
Hopefully they’re whipping each other on the 2’s.

Return of the handbaggers?

2 Likes

Joel Selwood ankle injury and Dangerfield sore ribs, held back and the rest of the team followed suit.

Wow, man.
You’re on some heady stuff.

5 Likes

Clearances is the only issue, hope we bring Bird in to stablise that, because otherwise we’re extremely dangerous on the outside.

Thought Dea was excellent also, deserves praise and both him and Hurley in the first half dominated, especially in that second quarter where Geelong found themselves with a ton of inside 50’s for no reward which was thanks to those two. Shame Ambrose probably won’t play this weekend because he’s a perfect match for LeCras.

Not to worry we can play Hocking on him

4 Likes

Haven’t really been paying attention, have you?

lol play bruise free against the Dogs and the Cats will lose by 50+ haha