Essendon def Geelong 110-93 Review Thread

Now I have no idea what you’re asking him???

1 Like

I constantly say ■■■■■■ hell, you have got to be kidding me. The occasional swear word comes out if there aren’t any kids around.

One thing I noticed in the replay is that Stewart for his first goal was running alongside blicavs at the edge of the centre square. He then managed to get a couple of metres on him going into the 50, which allowed him to run onto the ball and goal. Very impressive pace and running there because blicavs is quick.

3 Likes

Really? One player criticising another for a bad decision on field is proof of, quote, bad behaviour? Weve got 44 certified arseholes on the list of true

Fast forward to the last 30 seconds and with tippa running towards goal it looked like Stew outpaced both Zaka and Tippa. trying to get on the end of that last play.

1 Like

Also how many free kicks did Geelong get in the forward 50. Granted some were there, but I wish we would get similar treatment in our forward 50.

Never said he was an ■■■■■■■■, I said he needs to stop doing it. Hurley also had some words before Goddard took the kickin from a behind that Goddard proceeded to kick to exactly the same spot.

My point, which remains valid, is that if you’re going to do the “give it to me, I’ll do a better job” thing then you need to do a better job, and there have been too many times the Goddard hasn’t. Including two in Saturday night.

Do you not believe he does this?

I hope you’re not really asking whether I believe he’s perfect. I believe he’s better than 9 out of every 10 Bombers players 9 times out of 10. And that if he’s had an idea it’s at least worth listening to.

And that he’s probably been the most important Bombers person bar none of the past 5 years, probably the most challenging time in the club’s history, and he’d probably be leading the club’s B&F - all of which combines to say, you should line up to tongue his nuts.

3 Likes

No, I’m not. I’m asking specifically if you think he demands to take the ball from teammates in certain situations because he thinks he can do a better job than them. For example, just from our most recent outing, Tippa’s shot on goal and Hurley’s kick out.

I agree with your assessment of his overall form and said so in my opening post on this issue.

I disagree entirely with your assertion that because he is a very, very good footballer he should stand behind a player lining up for goal and demand they dish off to him.

I disagree entirely with your assertion that because he is a very, very good footballer he should pull rank on Hurley only to kick in to the exact same spot, just 5 metres shorter.

And I stand by my comment that he should cut this behaviour out of his game.

1 Like

Abso ■■■■■■■ lutely
And, more often than not, he’s right.

Particularly the Tippa one, he’s one of the worst set shots I’ve ever seen - and he can’t kick 45 even on a good day. I’d be a better option than him.

The Hurley one, Goddard’s no better a kick but him kicking it means we get to use our best contested mark as a marking option

Headstrong yes, but he’s nobody’s fool.

5 Likes

With Raz and Greenie. We’ve gone from having no small fwds to have 2 decent ones. One of them (Raz) has the potential to be the best small fwd in the game in years to come

1 Like

Bannable offence not including TIPPA

5 Likes

Wot?

Sarcasm?

Tippa’s left foot snap goal in the third quarter… :heart_eyes:
Just saw the replay (again) and he didn’t even look at the goals. Just got the handball from Raz, stopped, snapped, goaled. Incredible goal sense. His spatial awareness/peripheral vision is off the charts. Or, in Dwaynespeak - Crazy good!

3 Likes

Lolz … well that or give the guys a few more weeks to get their timing right

Tippa’s kicking on Saturday suggests something different but I understand why you hold the opinion.

Hurley (with animated body language) handed Goddard the ball from the side of the square: unless he’s signing up for the Stawell Gift he’s not making it to the fifty in time for Goddards kick to land. He wasn’t a marking option.

Tippa is an old school utility :smiley:

1 Like

This guy can’t kick 45m? Not even on a good day? Well, ■■■■.
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7buh094QKs5p5HY4/giphy.gif

15 Likes

Not sure if serious? Since when has he been a bad set shot? Basically nails them every chance he gets.

And for the sake of completeness, he’s 2.2 from set shots this year. Which doesn’t say much, really.