Essendon racist supporters

Wat?

NewsFlash

There are racists in Australia.

/NewFlash

In my experience roughly 1 in 4 people in Australia are seriously racist (Gorilla comments and such)

3/4 people will make racist jokes or laugh at them.

I have held the view that Adam Goodes looks like a monkey for years. He seriously does and it has nothing to do with what race colour or religion he is.
It sounds like this particular person was trying to use it in a racial slur though which is disgusting but I'm also sick of people just pulling out the racist card straight away on things when it's not always the case. Anyway I'm not getting into it. I think he looks like a monkey. He is a champion player Goode on him.

Jesus Christ.
You dont Agee he looks like a monkey??
No, and it's the root of this whole problem, people saying such things, to begin with.

No it's not. It's people being over sensitive and creating links that weren't there until their racists little minds decide to interpret someone else's words in the image of their own thought processes. Some things are absolutely out and out racist; thinking that someone looks like a particular animal is not necessarily so.

I have held the view that Adam Goodes looks like a monkey for years. He seriously does and it has nothing to do with what race colour or religion he is.
It sounds like this particular person was trying to use it in a racial slur though which is disgusting but I'm also sick of people just pulling out the racist card straight away on things when it's not always the case. Anyway I'm not getting into it. I think he looks like a monkey. He is a champion player Goode on him.

Jesus Christ.
No, and it's the root of this whole problem, people saying such things, to begin with.
It is not whether you think he looks like a monkey or not it is the fact that he has made people publicly aware he finds it offensive that is the issue. You might not mean to be racist but if the person you make the comment to finds it offensive it goes down as racist and that is fair enough in my book. It is what Michael Long stood up for many years ago against Damian Monkhurst.
Agree ROTK. The acid test comes down to this baw; would you call him a monkey to his face?
Totally agree it's offensive no racial in my part though and think some people are way to quick to pull the racist card out sometimes.. However the guy pointed out in this thread seemed to be using it in a racial way so fair enough to throw the book at him.
However just because he finds it offensive I don't believe falls into being racist if stated that his looks (not heritage or skin color) resemble a monkey.
Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but if I'm offended by being called a bald cvnt yet someone still calls me that I wouldn't think there being racist just an *******.
Any I like your responses thankyou
What about the little kid who hears you call Goodes a monkey, doesn't understand why and assumes that it's acceptable to call everybody who's skin is not white "monkey"?
Racism and bullying is usually spread by the ignorant - whether they're aware of it, or not.

The way Goodes handled it raised our awareness of the on-going hurt felt by racism. It was the media's handling of the girl that was disgusting. They drooled over the opportunity to sensationalise the incident, unreasonably replaying her exit from her seat with absolutely no attempt to blur her face. The media loves to emphasise the 'fallen' in our society as we well know. As Brissy says, racism is a behaviour spread by the ignorant. That girl had possibly never had the opportunity to understand, unlike the chairman of her club for instance.

Bobby "the chimp" Skilton. 

Was "horse" Longmire named after looking like an animal?

oh, never mind, I'll get me coat .................

I think Sarah Jessica-Parker looks like a horse.

That may be so but could never be confused for a racial slur. 

she's hung like one too, apparently! 

but seriously, can we bin this thread. it's going nowhere, fast. 

Jesus Christ.
No it's not. It's people being over sensitive and creating links that weren't there until their racists little minds decide to interpenetrate someone else's words in the image of their own thought processes. Some things are absolutely out and out racist; thinking that someone looks like a particular animal is not necessarily so.
I'm referring to black people being compared to apes. There are years and years of history behind that, awful, racist history of people not only saying such things but believing if and treating people as sub-human because of it. You can't separate the call being made and the history that comes with it. Not all animal/human comparisons carry historical weight, but this most definitely does. So you have to leave it alone, don't go there, don't even think it.

Saying a girl looks like a horse may not be racist but it’s sure bloddy offensive. Pull your heads in.

Mods sleeping in after drowning in their sorrows??

Jesus Christ.
It is not whether you think he looks like a monkey or not it is the fact that he has made people publicly aware he finds it offensive that is the issue. You might not mean to be racist but if the person you make the comment to finds it offensive it goes down as racist and that is fair enough in my book. It is what Michael Long stood up for many years ago against Damian Monkhurst.
Agree ROTK. The acid test comes down to this baw; would you call him a monkey to his face?

Totally agree it's offensive no racial in my part though and think some people are way to quick to pull the racist card out sometimes.. However the guy pointed out in this thread seemed to be using it in a racial way so fair enough to throw the book at him.
However just because he finds it offensive I don't believe falls into being racist if stated that his looks (not heritage or skin color) resemble a monkey.
Now I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but if I'm offended by being called a bald cvnt yet someone still calls me that I wouldn't think there being racist just an *******.
Even if you don't mean it racially, you should be adult enough to know what the history and connotations of the statement are, and refrain from mentioning it. Only bad can come of it, and the only person who benefits is you getting a moments childish glee from making what you think is a smart comment that you can get away with because you honestly aren't racist. An adult and decent human being would stop and think of the hurt you're pushing out instead of the little bit of glee you get playing the martyr.
Or in other words: Grow up.

Delete this thread, its cancerous.

Jesus Christ.
What about the little kid who hears you call Goodes a monkey, doesn't understand why and assumes that it's acceptable to call everybody who's skin is not white "monkey"?
Racism and bullying is usually spread by the ignorant - whether they're aware of it, or not.

Yeah that's a good call. Totally agree.
Don't get me wrong I'm not someone who is going to go to the footy and call him a monkey or call any player names for that matter I just think that in my head that's what his features look like.
But some people do go to the footy and bag out players and umpires and such with name calling. I just don't understand why that is acceptable yet calling adam Goodes something (as long as not racist) is taboo.
I just feel strongly on this particular case as I really don't believe that 13yo girl said what she did and meant it in a racial way. I totally think she thought he looks like a monkey and called him so ( still offensive and wrong I know). Yet he took the racial offence to it and and she had to wear it that she was being racist when se was just being a rude little girl. (And if she meant it racist then yes she is a cvnt)

is it racist to say I think a lot of asian women a hot?

Jesus Christ.

Don't get me wrong I'm not someone who is going to go to the footy and call him a monkey or call any player names for that matter I just think that in my head that's what his features look like.
But some people do go to the footy and bag out players and umpires and such with name calling. I just don't understand why that is acceptable yet calling adam Goodes something (as long as not racist) is taboo.
I just feel strongly on this particular case as I really don't believe that 13yo girl said what she did and meant it in a racial way. I totally think she thought he looks like a monkey and called him so ( still offensive and wrong I know). Yet he took the racial offence to it and and she had to wear it that she was being racist when se was just being a rude little girl. (And if she meant it racist then yes she is a cvnt)

What you dont seem to be understanding is there is a long history of people referring to black people as apes or monkey like there some sub-human category like there not quite human. Its been uses to describe them as primitive like there still living in the forests and only able to follow simple commands. If you cant see how this is racist and offensive regardless of what he looks like then its all lost on you.

Jesus Christ.

What you dont seem to be understanding is there is a long history of people referring to black people as apes or monkey like there some sub-human category like there not quite human. Its been uses to describe them as primitive like there still living in the forests and only able to follow simple commands. If you cant see how this is racist and offensive regardless of what he looks like then its all lost on you.

lol mate I don't need the history lesson.
"Regardless of what he looks like" that comment there shows me you not interested in what I've said.

is it racist to say I think a lot of asian women a hot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX19-S4-V54

I like how this thread was supposed to bring awareness of racism and not to tolerate it but instead have people commenting even more racial slurs and abusive language.

Sheesh.

Was "horse" Longmire named after looking like an animal?

oh, never mind, I'll get me coat .................

No, Longmine was named after being hung like an animal

Call him in on the anti social behaviour line they flash up at half time.

Whingeing on here ain’t helping.