Essendon Womens team — possibility (2015 thread)

I watched it. That game between the dees and dogs? It was shocking
Yeah I agree. The women's curtain raiser was pretty good though.

Anyway who gives a fk about “standard”? Any game of anything is one team versus another one, not two teams versus the perception of quality arbitrarily measured against the idealistic view of something else.

If they’re wearing an EFC jersey I’m barracking for them.

I hope they play at suburban grounds and with AFL aligned teams. I’d be more interested in a team wearing our jumper and playing at Windy Hill then just a bunch of generic WNBA style names and uniforms created in a boardroom.

Carrying traditional battle lines over to the women’s game would add some initial spice, I think.

coldblood? would be over the moon if their daughter switched over.
coldblood's daughter is busy coaching East Fremantle women's team. The photos of her in a western bulldogs and melbourne jumpers were like most footballers dreams of being drafted by any AFL team. We were cleaning out her "collectables " two days ago four milk crates of footy records Essendon games from 1990's haven't found the life size Gavin Wanganeen card board cut out yet.
1 Like
Such a competition will bleed money for a fair while. AFL would have to be prepared to absorb losses for some time.

When already time poor people are faced with the choice of allocating time to watching AFL footy on a weekend most people are going to choose the far superior product, including the majority of women I’ve talked with this about. Can’t see attendances and television ratings translating to large sponsorships.

The one competition that exists under the AFL umbrella at the moment is already treading the lines of overexposure and media saturation.

I have close friends who play Women’s footy down at Sunbury and watch them regularly but just trying to consider the economic reality of it all.

What is vanilla zoneball with Basil Zemplas commentating superior to?

Vanilla zoneball … lol.

Good.

About time.

To be honest i couldn’t really care less. It’d be about as interesting as women’s cricket

To be honest i couldn't really care less. It'd be about as interesting as women's cricket

Clearly didnt watch the product this year, harder than the mans game. An isolated example but was very watchable

Clearly hasn’t watched much Chicket either. The girls rock it out there.

Any chance it could start out as the curtain raiser to AFL games.

I hope it happens around this time of year because I really miss footy atm.

To be honest i couldn't really care less. It'd be about as interesting as women's cricket

I’d rather watch Essendon’s women team smash carlton at windy hill then any ashes series ever. If I had the choice of watching Saints V GC on fox footy or Essendon Women’s team viciously abusing the Pies then i’d watch that too…If you tapped into some of the bigger teams it could do very well in sheer volume of supporters.

That women’s game before the Dons v Crows match was way better to watch than the Dons v Crows game…

Any chance it could start out as the curtain raiser to AFL games.

That’s probably the aim.

Does Parish qualify for both sides?

Father daughter rule? Stephanie Hird for captain!

Anyway who gives a fk about "standard"? Any game of anything is one team versus another one, not two teams versus the perception of quality arbitrarily measured against the idealistic view of something else.

Wanted to say this, but you’ve already nailed it. Like.
Anyway who gives a fk about "standard"? Any game of anything is one team versus another one, not two teams versus the perception of quality arbitrarily measured against the idealistic view of something else.

Wanted to say this but ran out of vocabulary.

in any case, afl hasn’t been that great a standard either