Essendon Womens team — possibility (2015 thread)

One persons ‘joke’ is another’s life experience.

Home games at the TVSC would be cool. Make it a bit of a different experience, having the game at Etihad would be laughable.

Nickname for the Essendon’s Women’s team?

Has to have a “bomber”/aircraft theme.

Any ideas?

“Bomber Jets” comes to kind.

BOMBELLES

Bombshells.

How about just Bombers

One persons 'joke' is another's life experience.

So…you’re a joke then?
Or just like wearing lingerie?
Confused.

The Night Witches

Doison’s diaries

The EFC job is to win AFL premierships. This is crap, noise, rubbish whatever you want to call it.

And enough of the politically correct BS as well. Would any of you pay your hard earned to watch a women’s football match ?

I’m tipping you probably have to pay to get laid.

Benfti, why is this about getting laid? I don’t want to watch women playing footy as simple as that ! I am happily married with 5 kids for what its worth !

Women’s tennis, golf, basketball, athletics, swimming etc. I am happy to watch. Women’s footy is at such an ordinary standard that I am not interested and I am not interested in contributing money to my club for them to spend it on women’s footy. It’s not sexist and it is how I feel.

The EFC job is to win AFL premierships. This is crap, noise, rubbish whatever you want to call it.

And enough of the politically correct BS as well. Would any of you pay your hard earned to watch a women’s football match ?

Benfti, why is this about getting laid? I don’t want to watch women playing footy as simple as that ! I am happily married with 5 kids for what its worth !

Women’s tennis, golf, basketball, athletics, swimming etc. I am happy to watch. Women’s footy is at such an ordinary standard that I am not interested and I am not interested in contributing money to my club for them to spend it on women’s footy. It’s not sexist and it is how I feel.

You know all those sports you list up there, the female versions that you say you enjoy watching?
Ok - how did you think they started up? Maybe God created them?

You know all those sports you list up there, the female versions that you say you enjoy watching?
Ok - how did you think they started up? Maybe God created them?

all the professional men are missing a rib.

Bring on the EssenDonnas

Anyone STILL thinking our Club should be the exclusive domain of men or that involving females can only occur on the basis of their appearance (lingerie?) should find themselves a glass cabinet in a museum.

#FFS

Or a job with the Liberal Party …

Bombshells.

I was gonna go with Bomberbirds, or Bomberbelles, … but Bombshells shades them by a mile.

Very like.

Yeah why not.

They’ll probably be called The Bombers but it’s 10 to 1 they’ll be called The Boobers.

I always find it fascinating when men say they find women's sport boring. Like every men's sporting event ever is a riveting competition with high quality play and excellent decision making. Its like, get your hands off it.
Scorpio, just addressing your comment here, not the issue about a women's EFC team.

It is not about providing “a riveting competition with high quality play and excellent decision making”. Otherwise, we all would have dropped off following EFC the last year, let alone the crap decision making the maggots get told to make.

The issue is that people want to watch the highest possible standard of play.

That is why no one nows watches Sheffield Shield (or WTF they call it these days) even though there were substantial audiences before WSC days. People now want to watch the highest level of the sport. No-one is criticising those millions of people who don’t go to or watch First Class cricket matches.

I always find it fascinating when men say they find women's sport boring. Like every men's sporting event ever is a riveting competition with high quality play and excellent decision making. Its like, get your hands off it.
Scorpio, just addressing your comment here, not the issue about a women's EFC team.

It is not about providing “a riveting competition with high quality play and excellent decision making”. Otherwise, we all would have dropped off following EFC the last year, let alone the crap decision making the maggots get told to make.

The issue is that people want to watch the highest possible standard of play.

That is why no one nows watches Sheffield Shield (or WTF they call it these days) even though there were substantial audiences before WSC days. People now want to watch the highest level of the sport. No-one is criticising those millions of people who don’t go to or watch First Class cricket matches.

The point you may be missing, is that it is the ‘highest standard of play’… for women.
And they make up an awfully large portion of sport appreciators. Is there any female sport you enjoy watching?

Yes, for brevity I deleted this sentence: Sports in which women excel over men, such as gymnastics, ice skating etc ARE watched (when they are shown in Olympics or Commonwealth games).

So the answer may be not to try to make women try to do sports that have evolved as men’s games but to do sports which they (for the most part) can do better than males (for the most part) can do.

I hope this is not PI because it is very easy to put a foot wrong in these matters. And again, this is not anything against WEFC.

I have followed the Essendon football club for 50 years. Even during the board’s ineptitude of the past 4 years I have continued to follow the Mighty Bombers! I am disgusted at the treatment served up to James Hird and the players and now the board is trying to sell us Politically correct BS like women’s football. Get the primary purpose of the club right (winning AFL premierships not the HR BS put forward as mission statements).
We don’t need a women’s team. We need to get a board who is competent to run our football club.

I wonder whether it’s that dratted Hird, stirring up this higgly-piggly hare-brained idea? What next, performing seals playing footy? Besides, with all our women playing games, who’ll make the damn dinner??