Evan🐍 Returns

I'm happy to give Evans a second chance..............................just as soon as he mans up & exposes Vlad & the AFL for their corruption. Choosing to sell out your club, choosing to throw a friend under the bus to save yourself & business partners is not a mistake, its a conscious choice. He's had ample opportunity to atone.

Now James Hird is out of the way we can all move on forget about all the corruption, forget that James was the only one with the balls to stand for what was right and moral.

Evans can come back and we can pretend it never happened. All fine and farking roses. Because thats just business right. Nothing personal, doing what he was told be the AFL. Ohh well can’t beat em may as well join em…Breath that clean air, and move on…just look the other way while Evans and co bury the corpse’s behind the TVSC. Nothing to see here.

The stench of it makes me sick…

These are the type of people we have in charge of our clubs and the AFL itself.
It goes against everything that football stands for in my eyes…

Don't know why you're all so negative, Evans would have lots of useful advice about dealing in property around the North West. Last time he was at Essendon he completely sold us out.
on point.
First time he has been seen at the club since he had his breakdown, and wasn't until Hird was no longer on the scene. That tells me all I need to know about the integrity of the man ... somewhere just south of Caro and Vlad.

Did anyone actually believe the “Breakdown” excuse/story…

Yes - I also believe that Tiger Woods is just a poor suffering sex addict, Buddy Franklin isn’t an overindulged arseclown with an illicit drug problem & Bernie Madoff is going to pay me back any day now.

First time he has been seen at the club since he had his breakdown, and wasn't until Hird was no longer on the scene. That tells me all I need to know about the integrity of the man ... somewhere just south of Caro and Vlad.

Yes. He was literally living at the club for periods of time during 2013.

He made some mistakes, as did Hird, but just wanted the best outcome for the players.

I for one welcome him back in this capacity and hope that he and Hird can restore their friendship.

Liked Evans at the time. He fu*ked up something proper but c’mon, move on. He would want to contribute however possible to improve the club so good on him.

The CEO has no ■■■■■■■ idea he is a marketing manager, what he has done in the short time at the club in this role is disastrous.
This moron has to go.
How would James Hird be feeling hearing that Campbell (who pushed James out) brings back Evans? Fark it didn’t take long.
This is a kick in the guts.

Liked Evans at the time. He fu*ked up something proper but c'mon, move on. He would want to contribute however possible to improve the club so good on him.

AGAIN - he can do that any time he likes & tell the truth. You can say some of his actions as Pres were a mistake, his inactions since are not.

Apparently couldn’t stop crying according to Chips book. Which would suggest depression. Not surprising because it was about that time he would have realised that the club did nothing wrong despite what Vlad had told him.

Apparently couldn’t stop crying according to Chips book. Which would suggest depression. Not surprising because it was about that time he would have realised that the club did nothing wrong despite what Vlad had told him.

Yet he still protected Vlad at the expense of the club & Hird. This is the unforgivable part for mine. I can believe he thought he was doing the best for the club & players, I can buy that he was misled by the AFL & I can understand the conflicted position he was placed in BUT ultimately he was faced with a choice of truth or corruption. He was responsible for the fate of the club & he chose & still chooses to protect the AFL cronies. He’s made his choice & for mine should live with the consequences which should at a minimum include exile from the club he sold out.

Happy for him to return is some capacity, BUT only after making a full disclosure to the members he once represented.
His actions or the conjecture surrounding his actions MUST be clarified, Robson the SEN celebrity can also join the party.
NOT NEGOTIABLE

Yet he still protected Vlad at the expense of the club & Hird. This is the unforgivable part for mine. I can believe he thought he was doing the best for the club & players, I can buy that he was misled by the AFL & I can understand the conflicted position he was placed in BUT ultimately he was faced with a choice of truth or corruption. He was responsible for the fate of the club & he chose & still chooses to protect the AFL cronies. He’s made his choice & for mine should live with the consequences which should at a minimum include exile from the club he sold out.

I agree, not the exile bit, but the rest. If he wants to be at the club, he should be providing to the members at a minimum an explanation for his duplicity.

I miss the like button and Munna that’s worth a thousand. Sadly I can never see Hird returning to the club. Why would he? He’s obviously been the scapegoat for the failings of so many others and besides, he would not be welcome. He has embarrassed them all with his strength of character. He’s just not one of their kind and they’d prefer not to think about him. Better to act as though he never existed. He has no big end of town business connections of any use to them.
What a great bunch of people are administering our game and what we foolishly believe is ‘our’ club. For me it is ‘the’ club. I certainly don’t like any other clubs, but I have no say in this one, so it’s just become ‘the’ club. I didn’t think I could feel any sadder, but they just keep coming up with new disappointments.

You do realise you are making big claims about the character of a man you know nothing about, which is pretty much what happened to James and the entire playing list

“Evans family” ??? Jesus wept tears of blood ! If the great Ron Evans were still living he’d have disowned that treacherous toe-rag Davy long ago. The son got into the Club on the father’s coat-tails and hung around long enough to sell us out to the cashed-up bogans at Docklands and do a Brutus on his “mate” Jimbob. Seaman Stayne.

And what’s this Ma Donohoe’s saying about John Worsfold ? Doesn’t she know it was Campo Little Paul was talking to…?

Agree completely, there is no doubt he was put between a rock and a hard place. The man thought he had the best interests of the club in mind. But he still knew it was a underhand decision. He backed the safest option, instead of the moral one.

Until he comes out and tells all as it happened. He should not be allowed anywhere near the club. But ever since the club caved to the AFL’s interim report they have proven just as underhand as Evans. They wouldn’t fight city hall.

If your happy to live with a farked up corrupt competition and club. Then that’s all fine and dandy. But don’t pretend its something that its not. (obviously not aimed at you Jbomber)

im backing Bacchus on this, he is firmly in the hird camp yet understands where Evans was trying to come from

You do realise you are making big claims about the character of a man you know nothing about, which is pretty much what happened to James and the entire playing list

Ben, the really shitful thing about this is that Evans was supposed to have the best interests of the players and club at heart. That was both from a professional perspective as well as a personal, club supporter perspective. That he failed in both of those fields of responsibility, whilst looking after the interests of a third party is what I find hard to forgive. At least Caro for all the ■■■■■ she spouts, never professed to have anything but her own interests at heart, nor did Vlad. Neither of them were Essendon members or supporters.

I miss the like button and Munna that's worth a thousand. Sadly I can never see Hird returning to the club. Why would he? He's obviously been the scapegoat for the failings of so many others and besides, he would not be welcome. He has embarrassed them all with his strength of character. He's just not one of their kind and they'd prefer not to think about him. Better to act as though he never existed. He has no big end of town business connections of any use to them. What a great bunch of people are administering our game and what we foolishly believe is 'our' club. For me it is 'the' club. I certainly don't like any other clubs, but I have no say in this one, so it's just become 'the' club. I didn't think I could feel any sadder, but they just keep coming up with new disappointments.

Agree. Hird’s a man of integrity. He won’t return to the club in its current state.
I’m in two minds about Evans’s return but who the fk releases this information to Wilson, that’s what I want to know. Why do we give her the time of day? To get her on side? I don’t even WANT her to write anything positive about us. Ever. It would make me vomit.

EDIT: seriously, why is p u k e on the banned words list? Had to edit my post and put “vomit”. Why is vomit ok and p u k e not ok? And why am I making such a big deal about this? ■■■■.

He sold his mate and his club down the river. That will never be forgiven or forgotten.

The fact that he has never opened his gob since is quite frankly pathetic.

That Wilson is STILL getting stories from inside the club ■■■■■ me. That Evans attended a past-presidents pow-wow doesn’t.