Everyone else's latest

Soon as edge gets extension support i’ll be all over that.

later this year apparantely

Anyone here deal with enterprise editions that I can get a few licences off?

Moto X looks pretty decent goods, If I wasn’t switching to Voda next week and getting a GS6, would probably be all over that. Only problem for mine is the 5.5 inch screen.

win 10 is sensational, been using the preview for a month and a bit, now the full versions been released

reckon Microsoft have fkg nailed this one

Did my upgrade last night and so far so good. God its so much better and more practicle than that horrid Windows 8. Feels pretty slick and looks really nice and clean, the search works beautifully and everything is laid out perfectly. So far no bugs, only my anti virus doesnt work yet, so just running on defender for the time being.
All my apps and even my obscure work only ones that were developed around win 7 seem to work OK. I had a strange crash on re-awake after lid close this mornig I ran updates and it hasnt happend again since.

Ficngers crossed, this is the one.

win 10 is sensational, been using the preview for a month and a bit, now the full versions been released

reckon Microsoft have fkg nailed this one

Did my upgrade last night and so far so good. God its so much better and more practicle than that horrid Windows 8. Feels pretty slick and looks really nice and clean, the search works beautifully and everything is laid out perfectly. So far no bugs, only my anti virus doesnt work yet, so just running on defender for the time being.
All my apps and even my obscure work only ones that were developed around win 7 seem to work OK. I had a strange crash on re-awake after lid close this mornig I ran updates and it hasnt happend again since.

Ficngers crossed, this is the one.

just seems like every feature theyve wanted to implement with win10 has been done so successfully

notifications successfully eradicate those ‘charms’
start bar is back to form and makes you wonder why they ever had that metro screen crap
search functionality is easily accessible and fast
edge is fast and looks great
virtual desktops is practical and useful
overall look of it is probably the best its been (but thats so subjective and will change)
speed ive found, particularly with file browsing, increased heaps

only thing that really ■■■■■ me is the settings, seems like they have two separate settings systems? i find that very frustrating

cant help but feel that win8 was 3 year long beta for win 10 now, however, just like vista for 7

Pleasantly surprised just how good this is, I updated my mac to Yosemite and my laptop to Windows 10 in the same week, so it’s new os’s all round!

I will still wait awhile until I install 10. A few drivers still not quite up to scratch for my specific rig.

Saying that I might just get lazy and wait for my next upgrade which will be for intels new 100 series processors.

I also just upgraded my convertible notebook, hp envy x2 one of those detachable tablet thingy’s the tablet mode with windows 10 makes far more sense, really really good. Surface users when it is available should be happy

I will still wait awhile until I install 10. A few drivers still not quite up to scratch for my specific rig.

Saying that I might just get lazy and wait for my next upgrade which will be for intels new 100 series processors.

Personally never had an issue with 7 so haven’t seen the need to upgrade to 10 just yet. Will probably have a look at it eventually. If I was to install it, I’d be following these tips turning off suspicious ‘enhancements’…

http://lauren.vortex.com/archive/001116.html

Personally never had an issue with 7 so haven’t seen the need to upgrade to 10 just yet. Will probably have a look at it eventually. If I was to install it, I’d be following these tips turning off suspicious ‘enhancements’…

you can turn off these settings in install when you click custom, rather than express.

you can turn off these settings in install when you click custom, rather than express.

I downloaded the iso from CNet.

Have you guys done clean installs, or just gone with the upgrade that keeps all your programs, etc. as is? If the latter, did you experience any problems?

I’ve always done clean installs in the past, but I hear the upgrade option is pretty good these days, and I can’t be arsed starting from scratch this time.

I did the upgrade but my sound card driver played up a lot so I then did a clean install. Everything is good now.

I downloaded the iso from CNet.

Wouldn’t trust cnet at all personally. I made a Windows 10 install iso with the windows 10 install creation software. Fark that’s a mouthful.

Did you have a sound blaster card?

If you are having troubles there is a user made driver on the creative forums that people use more than the original creative drivers!

Nah xonar essence stx was using the xonar unified drivers.

Lucky you then :slight_smile:

That’s good to hear. Will be getting a new laptop in the new year so will have to remember that.

I assume there is an option not to install ‘Edge’ or whatever it is as well?

That’s good to hear. Will be getting a new laptop in the new year so will have to remember that.

I assume there is an option not to install ‘Edge’ or whatever it is as well?

nah, but honestly edge is better than the other browsers in terms of performance, once extension support goes live (october i think) it should eclipse firefox and chrome.

With your laptop you might just have to do a clean install when you get it, some manufacturers put bloatware up to the eyeballs on them.