Everyone else's latest

Got company to replace my laptop.

Dell XPS 13 - Skylake edition

Phwoar wow. 3220 x 1800 touch screen, core i7, 256 SSD.

an no it’s not ‘covered in stickers’, has one sticker, Intel. Only bloatware was Del Support and McAfee trial… both gone now.

What do they retail for?

mine was $2149 for laptop , also got upgrade to Win 10 Pro and a USB 3 adapter - which gives it additional hdmi/vga/lan/usb ports. Already has SD card reader, 2 x usb3.0 and thunderbolt 3 ports so not really needed.

MS flogging them slightly cheaper . Can’t see that helping their Surface Book sales.

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msaus/en_AU/list/categoryID.71081700?icid=Offers_ModD_r16_Dell_Save350_17032016

Nice
$100 off nexus 5x at the moment on the play store. Anyone got one? thoughts?

i’m still very much beholden to my original n5, still kicking ■■■■.

I love the idea of a new, faster Nexus with a fingerprint reader (really really ready for one). But the fact that it’s on the back is kinda lame and most of all it ■■■■■ me that I can’t get a 64GB version. I have about a 12GB music library. Will probably get one soon.

$100 off nexus 5x at the moment on the play store. Anyone got one? thoughts?

i’m still very much beholden to my original n5, still kicking ■■■■.

I love the idea of a new, faster Nexus with a fingerprint reader (really really ready for one). But the fact that it’s on the back is kinda lame and most of all it ■■■■■ me that I can’t get a 64GB version. I have about a 12GB music library. Will probably get one soon.

get a skin, from dbrand or similar.

Just purcahsed a NOTE 4 Edge, lovely phone... upgrading from Note 3. (NOTE 6 out in August i believe, will be a Beast phone.)

Also threw a GTX 970 into my PC, and a SSD… what a diffrence!

SSDs are so yesterday… NVMe SSDs is where its at.

Just purcahsed a NOTE 4 Edge, lovely phone... upgrading from Note 3. (NOTE 6 out in August i believe, will be a Beast phone.)

Also threw a GTX 970 into my PC, and a SSD… what a diffrence!

SSDs are so yesterday… NVMe SSDs is where its at.

Affordable 2tb come on down.

anyone use dbrand skins on their phones/tabs/notebooks?

anyone use dbrand skins on their phones/tabs/notebooks?

ye

Note 7 launch not quite going as planned

Pixel 2 is awesome

1 Like

OnePlus phones are awesome if anyone wants a great phone for a great price

refurbed s8 is incredible value.

Had a real close look when they did that limited direct sales run.

If they do it properly next time (charger, support, with added specs of next model etc) I know what my next phone will be right now.

Don’t like buying from grey market sellers.

Also if you want a phone where the screen was put in the wrong way. Leaked financial details. Horrendous OEM software updates past a year.

Some of the bigger companies aren’t exactly much better. The firey, explodey, Samsung’s. Apple purposely slowing down older phones without telling people.

I’ve got a HTC which is on its third charger as fast charging keeps playing up and on certain angles the screen has a pink haze.

Most people upgrade every 2-3 years. As an overall package (and particularly for the price) it is well worth consideration.

Updates for me have been great.

Ive got the Pixel 2 XL.

Excellent phone. Android updates rolled out quickly (8.1.0), great screen, camera amazing and excellent battery life.

1 Like

No bloatware, no waste of time overlay

2 Likes

My five year old Android is still going strong although I’m not nearly quite as phone obsessed as some.

Ditto. My 2013 Nexus 5 still kicking goals. Though I have given it a new battery and screen a couple of times

Yeah I may be due for a new battery soon but I can get one on ebay for about $17 complete with tools. A lot better than forking out $1600 for a phone that isn’t materially better.