Everyone else's trash. Our treasure?

I think Mathieson wasn’t picked as they didn’t want him and Parish together.
I think it would have been fine.
But lots of other clubs also passed on Mathieson. I also would have been happy with bonner as he was a bombers supporter and rated pretty highly out of SA.

1 Like

Tom Campbell delisted from the dogs. He would be extra ruck depth if required.

1 Like

I’ve watched that replay about 30 times. That kick from Adams was so poor that Stephenson never would have got it even to spoil. Pretty convenient and low to blame the poor old runner by the pies.

2 Likes

Is Campbell still on our radar?

Are there many here who agree with picking him up, given Belly needs someone ready to go, so he can freshen up at least a couple of times next year or we need back up if he gets an injury.

I’m a big fan of Draper, but from 2020 on would be more ideal, so I still think we need a mature back up now Leuey has retired, and I would prefer Smack stays forward most of the time and provides only part time relief.

Bonner was the one I wanted, still think he can be developed into a midfielder with his height and speed a real asset.

4 Likes

Helps a little when you put the GC 17yos back in (Mav Weller, Trent McKenzie, uh Tom Nicholls)… alright, not very much.

Was 2011 also the draft worst affected by the change of cut-offs for age? Meaning effectively only 3/4 of the pool for that year?

GC 17yos came out of the 2010 draft. 2011 does look a bit better when you put the GWS 17yos back in though. Treloar, Shiel, Cameron in particular. But the 2010 draft had just as many concession picks taken out of it as 2011, and it still looks quite strong.

I hope someone takes a punt on Tiziani, just has something about him IMO

1 Like

I agree…but it was something that Alex Woodward will remain notorious for. Runners should just keep out of the way…and will be forced to in future.

1 Like

Has an Italian name. Want.
Need to get back to the 90s glory days

1 Like

Yep, names like Filandia.

(Wikipedia career highlight is a 10 game suspension for biting a blokes scrotum. Those Italians & their food)

2 Likes

Does everyone else’s trash get fired from a cannon?

1 Like

Me too!

2 Likes

Kavanagh’s U/16 form clearly got him the big rep. Then the hammy problems hit.

Ironic that his dad told everyone he wouldn’t go interstate, then he gets delisted and goes to Adelaide.

2 Likes

https://goo.gl/images/AaLVax

to get away from his dad?

3 Likes

Mitch Hibberd delisted at NM. A big bodied mid they tried to turn into rebounding defender because of the abundance of contested mids they have on the list. Stats can be deceiving obviously but reasonable return in a string of games after returning from injury. Worth a rookie spot?

I thought he was drafted as a tallish half-back type, no?

1 Like

My understanding wasn’t the issue of senior spots, it was that he didn’t want to stay. He was sitting behind Hille, Ryder and Belly and rightfully saw more opportunities at Adelaide. Remember, in 2012 those three kicked 36 goals between them (and Ryder + Belly did 38 the next year). I think he was correct he wouldn’t have got a go as a forward or a ruck in 2013, so it was the right decision for him.

I also thought he wanted more than we could pay a guy who would be sitting behind those other guys as depth.

2 Likes

2009 was the year where they cut out a third of the draft pool by changing the age requirements.

So:

• 2009 was hit by the age requirements
  • 2010 by GCS 17yr olds + picks
  • 2010 by GWS 17yr olds + picks

Then there were a few more years of diluting out the compensation teams had received for losing players to the two teams, plus the GWS mini-drafts (Hogan, O’Meara, Crouch, Martin).

1 Like