Everyone else's trash. Our treasure?

Pls get.

Suns prepared to turf anyone they think doesn’t want to be there it seems

Except Jack Martin! :frowning:

12 Likes

Surely there must be something else at play

Isn’t his little bro at the Lions? It would be kind of awesome to have both Lyons at the Lions, all we’d need would be for Ross Lyon to go all ‘Ross Lyon’ and become the Head Coach of the Lions.

4 Likes

I guess Stringer’s chest would be summoned to Brisbane then too.

2 Likes
1 Like

Not a team player.
Ignores structures, chases possessions.

1 Like

He’s going to Brisbane. Just reported. Second rate replacement for Beams i guess…

So presumably (obviously the AFL have discretion to ignore their own rules) a new contract was never offered to Lyons.

Geez, he must be seriously dodgy.

I look forward to Gold Coast being severely punished by the AFL for poor governance and failing to check on people they have brought in.

1 Like

Tom Bell or Tom Mitchell?
All I know is I’m expecting a serious leap from Brisbane this season.
lol. Should never have let Beams go, though.

Worse than that. He’s under contract! They released him from his contract.

1 Like

The Bears are sooooooo getting fined*.

*they won’t get fined.

2 Likes

How can you be delisted if you have a contract?

You contract is paid out for the years remaining.

Has to be drafted though…?

Edit: Mal Michael clause?

I’m not sure but I’d say no.

The reason players are NOT free agents if they are offered a contract by their current club and refuse is so players can’t manipulate the system and just refuse a contract and then go to a club of their choosing.

On the other hand, if their club doesn’t want them I’m not sure the AFL would make any distinction between out of contract this year and delisted and still in contract but paid out and delisted. Either way the club didn’t want them so I don’t think the AFL would care.

Mal was before free agency, but was technically still drafted. It’s just that the PSD helped us avoid others getting him.

1 Like

I’d be very, very, very interested in seeing how much Lyons is paid by ‘whoever’ picks him up.
He surely must go into the draft?

There’s no possible way he could get to us anyway, but…love Bags, really do, if anyone can tell me we couldn’t even play him as a defensive forward…that he is that far gone that he can’t even be a role player…

Plenty of players have been delisted over the years and then rookied as the player was still contracted for another season, there have been one or two examples where a player still had 2 years to run on a contract.

Others get paid the base for the year remaining, then there are extreme examples where players have been fired for cause during the year, in which case they may only be entitled to a portion, or nothing, depending on the wording of the contract.

This will be like the Brennan? situation, mutual agreement to end contract thus made a DFA and able to just go direct to GC.

Which is what May tried to do to get to Pies but as a F/A but AFL vetoed.

Uh…as they should?
Massive loophole, begging for corruption, that has to be closed.