Expectations Grand Final or Bust 2019?

I think we will most likely have a year similar to what melbourne did in 2018. Actually I said minimum top 6 at the start of this year too, so i never put it past us to ■■■■ it up again. But yeh pretty much the same, minimum top 6 and one finals win, anything above that is a bonus after being out of it for so long.

I’m working on a theory for how that prediction will work

We just have to make finals. Anything less will be a disaster. I expect us to win at least one final.

Premiership for mine.

As difficult as they are to win there is no time like the present.

3 Likes

The first step is to win at least one AFLX match in 2019.

11 Likes

Oh no you did-n’t

How many next year threads do we need!?!?

We need more and more and more😀

Play that same high pressure game

Top 4, win at least one final

This is our best squad of players for over 15 years

No excuses, win a final or worsfold goes

2 Likes

Having the VFL side performing well (winning finals) is a positive sign. I think as a club we have done well when our “reserves” have been doing well/winning the comp.

2 Likes

Currently our 2019 list is 2nd most inexperienced and 5th youngest.

edit: I have added the 2018 last to show the movements to date… numbers will change as lists are finalised.

……

4 Likes

That last statistic shows the biggest challenge: getting a fair go from the maggots. Fair enough for the first part of the year, but I would have thought after the FCFC game we would have done fairly well. Or at least well enough that we shouldn’t be rated the third worst team by the maggots.

1 Like

We did alright after we were pretty well out of finals contention. Still get ■■■■■■ thinking about Tom Mitchell handballing straight over the boundary.

Did he get Brownlow votes for that?

Just think about Sam Mitchell instead. That will make you forget. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Grrrrr.

1 Like

If we can’t win a final with this list, we may as well just merge with Gold Coast and not play finals together.

1 Like

Beat Fark Carlton.

3 Likes

Thread suggests we are not lid off, but very hopeful of a good show to make finals.
Strong list.
Not expecting top 4, but doable.
A strong expectation that will win a final or two.
And would be very surprised by a flag.

Tempered confidence, but not getting too far ahead of ourselves. Sounds about right.

I get more ■■■■■■ thinking about Michael Hurley going to ground in a contest against an 18y/o kid half his size playing his ~10th game… but hey, you can blame the umps if you want…

2 Likes