Expectations Grand Final or Bust 2019?

Fxd. Because nobody could feel confident of us actually doing any of what has been suggested… Jekyl and Hyde mob we are.

Almost spot on, … although I wouldn’t be very surprised at the Flag.

Pre Doggies and Ninthmond it would be a different story, but not now.

There was optimism same time last year and confidence from the club. The players and coaches need to step up, finals is a minimum. Win a final and I will be ok with that, and then you never know beyond that what can happen.

How our game style holds up in finals is a big question mark though.

Also and most importantly ESSINGTON needs to be banished and never to return.

Not sure if you realised Uncle Chop, but we were discussing umpiring. Not reasons why we lost that game.

My biggest gripe of all is to do with player and coach mindsets.

We need to win games when we are strong favorites, and win well. Not just limping over the line.

If we did this, this year we would have made the top 4.

If we do that next year we will beat enough of the good teams to finish top 4. From there, I’d be putting no limitations on the flag.

1 Like

For me, the thing about ‘win a final’ is, OK, say we win one. I’m not sitting back then and saying, all good that’ll do me. If we can win one, then we can farking well win another one. I get the point, but…

Flag

2 Likes

Win the first few games straight up which we lost last year. Give ourselves and even show.
Become professional in every sense of the word plus a change of attitude and grunt.
If we make top 4, we are in with a chance.
Go Bombers, go for broke.

• I would like the players to commit to giving something up, until they win a premiership.
1 Like

Given we’re not actually playing one*… I blame Doe for us not going back-to-back in 2020.

*They’re doing schoolyard picks teams in 2019, aren’t they? Even more reason not to attend.

one%20eye%20patch

1 Like

Perfect!

The last 2/3 of 2018 we performed like a top 5 team, but still got beaten by top teams in Hawthorn, Collingwood, Richmond. I expect to see us at a similar level next year but I expect us to do it over a whole season this time. That will put us in the frame for a premiership but we all know a lot of things need to go right for that to happen.

If we get Daniher and Fantasia back and then have a very good run with injury, then I think it’s realistic to expect a top 4 finish. But you never know what luck the footy gods will give you. I think we’re due for some good karma.

1 Like

A fit and confident JoeyD will lift our chances a lot. But when will he realistically return?

1 Like

Um how do I break this to you…

It’s 2018, be 2019 in a few months.

Time flys…

1 Like

Commit to giving up losing games they should win!!

1 Like

Top 4 or start the club from the ground up.

We were on pace to win the flag this year before Blitz posters “accepted mediocrity”.

6 Likes

27th year as a member coming up and I’m farking over being failures. If they fail to makes finals and start winning them, they’ll be no 28th year!

Lol, I call bullshite !!!

I reckon many of us have these thoughts this time of year, but as the season gets closer they disappear.

2 Likes

The ups and downs of the fervent supporter. That’s what makes it all worthwhile right?

Top 4 or I’m burning the hanger down.

4 Likes