Fan Behaviour at AFL games

Hi Joffa hi

He can still wear hi vis, run out with his carvin knife and a pair of tongs ans scream
" Behave you farkars or else"
Then get double bubble in his wage packet.

I have 4 young kids and I agree.

My kids are respectful if they ever said anything racially motivated, homophobic, xenophobic or otherwise they’d cop a flick on the ear, but hearing someone screaming “ah bullshit ump, you’re kidding yourself” is nothing on what even primary school kids say in the playground.

4 Likes

:joy::joy: And he has a lot of very sharp knives…

That’s passion right there.

7 Likes

Put behaviour officers in marvel super hero outfits and go hi five the kids when they are doing there inspections. And give out marvel memeorbillia per match and half time.
Take marvel stadium to next level.

Would be awesome to see captain America kicking some Collingwood hill billy out.

5 Likes

the most passioniest passion that ever passioned

1 Like

AFL Football. Who said it was a family game? It is not up to the family man to declare AFL a family game. Aussie rules has always been a tough game with a lot of violence shown on the field which has slowly been curbed with rule after rule after rule. Kids were always welcome to attend football matches with their parent or guardian who knew what to expect taking a child to the football. It was up to the surrounding fans to curb down their behaviour if there was a lady or child in the vicinity but more often than not the excitement of the game (and sometimes alcohol) got the better of the rowdy ones. There was never any mention of it being a “family game”, it was just a game for anyone to go to and enjoy the spectacle.
The game itself has evolved where a lot of the violence has been taken out of the game therefore changing the whole spectacle which appears to be played in a more controlled manner. The spectacle is still there however it is constantly marred by umpires’ indecision with new rules put in place each year. This is the AFL trying to micro control our game. This control has now spread to the fans behaviour. With political correctness in full bloom the AFL are taking advantage and the fan behaviour subject has permeated through the commentators, tv football shows, newspapers and finally to the family man himself that finds it safe to demand a “family orientated” crowd.
I am not against the family man speaking out, or anyone else for that matter, as each person has their point of view and will pass it on according to their position. I have never seen football as a “family game” nor as “not a family game”. It is just a game that has its traditions like any other and sadly these traditions are under threat.

2 Likes

Gee there’s a few WCE supporters that missed a few, key developmental milestones.

Sickens me attending WA games and having to listen to them call their players by numbers. Champagne-sipping numpties the lot of them. The game goes their way the whole game and they find the time to boo and jeer genuine free kicks and comment on the drug saga. Hope they kick their pinky toe on a table when they get home, all of them.

3 Likes

Good article in Hun (behind paywall) but here’s a glimpse.

1 Like

# Gillon McLachlan was on Hawaiian holiday as footy fan furore kicked off

AFL boss Gillon McLachlan was living it up on a secret Hawaiian holiday as last weekend’s footy fans security crisis hit boiling point.

The Sunday Herald Sun can reveal McLachlan and his wife Laura spent several nights in the Pacific paradise to attend a lavish 50th birthday bash for David Fox - son of trucking billionaire Lindsay Fox.

An AFL spokesman confirmed McLachlan was out of the country as football supporters were subjected to patrols and “aisle walks” by overzealous security guards at Marvel Stadium.

“The CEO was away with his wife on a pre-planned trip during the bye round from Thursday until Monday afternoon,” league media manager Jay Allen said.

“He was available at all times and in constant contact with senior executives over the weekend, including the management of Marvel Stadium.”

It was widely reported that McLachlan had held crisis talks with Marvel Stadium chief executive Michael Green last Monday morning when he was in fact travelling home to Australia.

The AFL supremo returned in the afternoon and gave an interview at 5.30pm shortly after landing to the Herald Sun’s Mark Robinson, declaring that he was “appalled” and sorry about the treatment of fans during matches at Marvel on Friday and Saturday night.

McLachlan held a press conference about the security fiasco on Tuesday after returning from Hawaii and has since been heavily criticised for being “very out of touch” with issues affecting the game.

“He’s given answers to a number of questions over the past week which suggest to me that he’s not fully aware of some of the controversies which have been surrounding footy,” 3AW’s Drive host Tom Elliott said on Friday.

McLachlan, who earns more than $2 million a year came under fire two years ago after jetting out for the Tour de France during the football season — a day after sacking AFL executives Simon Lethlean and Richard Simkiss for “inappropriate” sexual relationships with younger female employees.

McLachlan was also in Hawaii when he spoke by phone with 3AW’s Neil Mitchell on Friday June 14, the same interview where he insisted that footy fan “Frankie” had run across “two bays of seats” to abuse umpire Mathew Nicholls at a match between Carlton and Brisbane.

He has since retreated from the claim.

The David Fox birthday bash featured a who’s who of Melbourne society with invitees including Lord Mayor Sally Capp and former Essendon chairman David Evans and was reported to be held at the Fox’s Honolulu mansion on Kahala Ave.

(as stated by @Hoffy behind a paywall)

4 Likes

What a jetsetter is our Gil Jong Un.

1 Like

It’s nice that our good mate Evo was invited too.

I’m sure it was a very cordial event. :face_vomiting:

Wouldn’t rock like we do in the DJ thread. :wink:

1 Like

Yep its good to see he’s still in with the kents he sold out the club to.

3 Likes

was an absolute disgrace that that ■■■■ was allowed back into the club and rooms after a match last year.
but hey money talks.

4 Likes

I could maybe understand that if the ■■■■■■■ hadn’t cost us millions.

Jeff Kennett says hi

4 Likes

:grinning: :grinning:That’s what I thought when I read it…