Fan Behaviour at AFL games

So Jeff Kennet was correct in saying that the guards ar Marvel don’t understand our culture

1 Like

Sounds like they understand it well. I know born and bred Aussie’s who have forged documents. :laughing:

3 Likes

Oh what a surprise!!!

And if they don’t get PR Visas, many eventually go home and become call centre scammers pretending to be from the ATO.

I had a guard friend tell me when this ■■■■ broke to get a job with aig all you have to do is send in a photo of your licence and then they give you shifts if you have a valid one.

Like i also said those guards, well most of the plebs which would make up a fair chunk of the workforce, would be on 17 dollars to probably max 20.

Wh3n you consider the wage with penalties and all that should be up around say 45 ish dollars an hour for a saturday night, you can see why there is a certain group of people who end up doing the bulk of security work at these venues.

1 Like

And if this is to be believed (sounds like it is)…is it any wonder they are happy to target the average cheering punter Vs breaking up a drug/alcohol fueled punch on between Collingwood fans?

2 Likes

Probably chained to a rubbish bin in Sydney Road.

It would be a pretty awful job.

There is a general vibe in the industry that indians and the like arent good guards , theres plenty of stories i could tell and know of to back it up, for that reason, generally they will actually actively avoid conflict situations.
Considering thats essentially the job title, well you see how that goes.

1 Like

Limited field of players to boo tonight. Maybe one of the GWS players with the sissy long hair.
Wait , I think most of them still have long hair and manbuns, they have failed to realise 99% of 20 something men today have a fade.

OK, Toby Greene is the most punchable, however, booing him should suffice.

AFL spectators clash at Adelaide Oval, with woman and man charged with assault

about 3 hours ago

Updated
Updated about 3 hours ago

Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.

CLICK VIDEO BELOW TO SEE

VIDEO: Fight breaks out at Adelaide Oval (ABC News

A man and a woman have been charged with assault and banned from Adelaide Oval for three months following another violent altercation during an AFL match on Friday night.

Key points:

• The altercation occurred during Adelaide’s clash against Essendon on Friday night
  • Two people have been banned from Adelaide Oval for three months
  • Footage of the altercation was captured and posted on social media

Footage has emerged of the altercation during the clash between Adelaide and Essendon at Adelaide Oval just after 9:00pm.

The footage, posted on social media, has been viewed more than 100,000 times since the game.

Police today said they were called by security to the incident on the eastern side of the oval during the third quarter of the game between the Crows and Bombers.

Footage appears to show a woman standing and hitting a man standing in the next row in the face.

The alleged victim then appears to grab the woman by her arm, which prompts another man nearby to charge towards him.

Spectators seated nearby also tried to intervene before security guards were forced to break up the altercation.

A male AFL player haolds the ball with his left hand as he is tackled around the waist by an opposition player.|700x467 Photo: Rory Laird is tackled by Dyson Heppell during the clash at Adelaide oval on Friday. (AAP: David Mariuz)

Two charged and banned from stadium

The fight occurred during Essendon’s second-half comeback against the Crows, with the Bombers winning the game 15.6 (96) to 10.15 (75).

Police this morning said a 26-year-old woman from Sheidow Park was arrested and charged with assault, resisting arrest and failing to provide her details to police.

A 26-year-old man from Sheidow Park was also charged with assault.

Both were issued with orders barring them from attending Adelaide Oval for three months.

They were bailed to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court on August 30.

Games ‘marred’ by crowd behaviour

The altercation comes as the AFL continues its push against violence at football matches.

In March, the opening AFL match between Richmond and Carlton was marred by a brawl between a number of men, one of whom was fined $322.

Fight between fans at Carlton-Collingwood game|700x467 Photo: Fight between fans at a Carlton and Collingwood game at the MCG. (Supplied: Channel Seven)

Another brawl broke out between fans of Carlton and Collingwood during a clash in May this year.

Footage of spectators fighting was also captured during a clash at Adelaide Ovalbetween Port Adelaide and Essendon in 2018.

Last year, AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan addressed the issue but ruled out segregating opposition fans.

“Segregation is not happening,” McLachlan told Triple M at the time.

“We have seven million people go to our game … everyone gets on famously, it’s a part of our game, sitting with opposition supporters, we’re able to do it the right way and have a great time,” he said.

The Adelaide Oval Management Authority has been contacted by the ABC in regards to Friday night’s incident.

First posted about 3 hours ago

Someone called into a local radio station and said the woman and her boyfriend were Essendon supporters who were drunk and abusing others all night

Ban em for life. 3 months is BS

3 Likes

Why would you illustrate such an article with a tackle by Heppell?

See, this is why the match day threads are so cathartic.

Better than to illustrate it with Heppell’s tackle.

6 Likes

I take it that the man who was charged was the one who charged 3rd man in, and not the bloke who was struck about the face?

1 Like

If they were Essendon supporters they weren’t wearing Essendon colours and were sitting/standing in amongst Adelaide supporters.

Added to that they are Adelaide locals, not to say they can’t be Essendon supporters, but I question the validity of the caller to the radio station.

If they are Essendon supporters, memberships should be cancelled and season ending bans from any ground for both.

1 Like

that escalated

AFL fan allegedly assaults mother over daughter’s chair-kicking

Rachel EddieJuly 29, 2019 — 11.56am

A mother-of-three claims she was pushed to the ground and repeatedly kicked by a man who reprimanded her daughter at Marvel Stadium after St Kilda beat Melbourne on Saturday night.

The 38-year-old Warragul woman, named only as Alicia on 3AW, admitted “mother’s instincts” took over when a couple in the row of seats in front scolded her 10-year-old daughter for repeatedly kicking their chairs.

Alicia said she yelled obscenities at the couple before the man poured a drink on her and she began chasing him.

She alleges he then pushed her to the ground and repeatedly kicked her near the bathrooms inside the Docklands stadium.

Victoria Police confirmed it was investigating.

“It is alleged the woman approached the male in an aggressive manner just after 10pm and was assaulted by the male, causing her to fall to the ground,” a police spokeswoman said.

The woman received minor injuries.

Alicia said the couple had texted the Marvel Stadium anti-social hotline to complain about her daughter kicking their chair.

"The lady started yelling at her and pointed her finger. I was like, “Excuse me, please don’t speak to my daughter’,” Alicia told 3AW.

She said they both swore at each other, and that the couple called her a bad mum for not bringing something to entertain the girl who “clearly couldn’t sit still”.

"He threw his beer at me, and I turned around and chased after them because I was just – that whole mother’s instinct. I was pretty angry.

“That’s when he assaulted me. He threw me to the ground and started kicking me,” Alicia alleged.

She said she was having an x-ray on Monday for her elbow, and had “quite a decent amount of bruising to the legs”.

Alicia also had her two other children with her, aged 13 and 17, but none witnessed the alleged assault.

She wants the man banned from the footy.

It comes after months of heightened debate about crowd behaviour at AFL matches.

AFL CEO Gill McLachlan has insisted there has been no change in policy or crackdown in policing at games, despite growing complaints from fans.

Marvel Stadium last month reviewed its policies, and agreed to dial down its security presence after outrage about “behavioural awareness officers” patrolling the crowd.

Police are calling for witnesses or anyone with information to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Too bad she didn’t use her “mother’s instinct “ to get her little brat to behave properly at a public venue

35 Likes