Fark carlton continues

It was live down here.

My best mate is Carlton and we watched it together. I wandered out into the street at the final siren, dropped into the gutter and just sobbed. A little kid came up to me and asked if I was ok and I just couldn’t get myself in any state to answer so I just patted him and sent him in his way.

I went to the corresponding prelim the following year and even though we won it hasn’t erased the memory. There’s no comebacks, it sits in my craw and I don’t know if there will ever be anything that will remove it.

Fark Carlton.

2 Likes

Sort of like a 13th floor.

2 Likes

32 Likes

ROFL

1 Like

That’s when you mention it wasn’t psoriasis on your ■■■■ that time, but secondary syphilis.

2 Likes

Just at the local footy. Everytime an easy shot at goal is missed the crowd murmurs about Fark Carlton.

The collective celebration of their demise is really something to behold.

11 Likes

This might be my favourite thread on blitz ever

1 Like

If I was old enough the 1968 GF would burn pretty hard. 1947 would be the worst with our inaccuracy, but at least 1949 was great revenge.

Snapper’s rant is pure gold especially when he talks about going to the football to watch Essendon and Fark Carlton the day after he got married. He obviously postponed the honeymoon for a day to go to the game. Would love to know which game and who won. Would have been a terrible honeymoon for the wife if they lost to Essendon.

More Bizarro world that PJ got Essendon to sack* Sheedy because he heard Voss was looking to coach.

Too bad, so sad…

1 Like

Sayers is in deep strife. His position at Fark Carlton is untenable but that should be the least of his worries

2 Likes

I don’t agree with that narrative.
I’m not sure we would have won the 99 GF but I’m equally not convinced that our failure against Fark Carlton was the catalyst or inspiration for success in 2000

1 Like
  1. And fark you for re-traumatising me.
1 Like

Yep 1948 would be the worst, but that wasn’t against Carlton.

1 Like

We would have smashed North!

It’s alright guys, next year is their year.

:clown_face::clown_face::clown_face:

1 Like

If I was old enough the 1968 GF would burn pretty hard.

Refer to my post #6562 on how it affected me.
Took 25 years to exact full revenge.

Now I’m still waiting for the 1990 payback, hopefully I will see it in 2024 or 2025

1 Like

Maybe, maybe not.
I hang ■■■■ on Norf as much as anyone but they were a very good side in 99 and had an exceptional finals series.

2 Likes

1993 was the best, especially since Carlton had the week off and thought they were hot ■■■■ for beating us in the Qualifying final minus half our stars. To come out and smash them and kick 8 of the first 9 goals and have it virtually won by half way through the second quarter was immensely satisfying. It’s even more fun now knowing that SOS touched Long’s goal from the behind the goals angle. The Mill Hanna crunch was huge from Wallis, and when the ball freakishly bounced between 2 Carlton defendes into his hands for the goal I probably never laughed so hard at a game.

3 Likes