Favorite Places To Eat

Meat and Wine Company near Crown

Had our own private room and the steak was one of the best I have ever had.

Meat and Wine Company near Crown

Had our own private room and the steak was one of the best I have ever had.

Been to a couple of them. Always fantastic.

Need some help guys. Need to find a place for our work dinner. Normally we’d enjoy seafood / modern cuisine and would prefer to dine and have good service. Last year we were at Breezes in crown which was quite good. we’ve also enjoyed waterfront down at port melbourne and no.8 at crown as well. Fish at docklands was excellent back when it was open. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Need some help guys. Need to find a place for our work dinner. Normally we'd enjoy seafood / modern cuisine and would prefer to dine and have good service. Last year we were at Breezes in crown which was quite good. we've also enjoyed waterfront down at port melbourne and no.8 at crown as well. Fish at docklands was excellent back when it was open. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Seafood? I'm going to list the same one I always list

Box (Colins st)

What did people think of the Night Noodle market this year? 

I hate crowds but my wife dragged me down. I was pleasantly surprised to grab a table right near edwards, baguley, dell'ollio, colyer and o'brien

Need some help guys. Need to find a place for our work dinner. Normally we'd enjoy seafood / modern cuisine and would prefer to dine and have good service. Last year we were at Breezes in crown which was quite good. we've also enjoyed waterfront down at port melbourne and no.8 at crown as well. Fish at docklands was excellent back when it was open. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Claypots in St Kilda. 

great food, not sure about the service? And normally it's loud as fark and crammed full

Shut up Hap, the food makes up for everything.

I love the place. Just not sure it’d be good for a work group, tends to bring out the whingiest in everyone.

Sounds perfect for a work group. All you do when you’re with work people is whinge anyway!

I have a dinner reservation for 400 Gradi at Crown tomorrow night.

Pfft, reservations. I just walk in and they find me a table.

Do they find you a couch?

Why would they do that?

Why would they do that?

113329d1395425451-salkkareitten-karismaa

I didnt understabd the couch reference in my job thread and I still don’t get it. Thinking I shouldn’t try and find out either.

over-rated.

Tried Oscars on Mnt Alexander yesterday for dinner. Great service, and food was pretty good. I'll try a few more dishes, I think. Had the ribs, missus had whiting. 

I didnt understabd the couch reference in my job thread and I still don't get it. Thinking I shouldn't try and find out either.

I have no idea at all either, but those dirty bastards who posted it reckon it's a setting for ■■■■ and that some of them are pretty alright, too.

I love the place. Just not sure it'd be good for a work group, tends to bring out the whingiest in everyone.

Yeah. Probably right about that but with a likeminded bunch of friends it is great. 

I had one of my most memorable dining experiences there a few years back. We were a little later getting in and duly spent some time at the bar waiting for a table and sat down next to a couple of guys who were in town working on the TV show, the Pacific,  who had ordered the shell-fish melange (?)… We ordered and were promptly served an entree but were waiting ages for mains… The guys next to us were stuffed after the entree and had ordered a massive serve of sting-ray… They saw that we were waiting and got chatting and ended up joining our table and sharing their food with our group. It was really random and we all ended up having a great time. It is all about celebrating the sharing of good food and the place has a vibe that i have never experienced in any other restaurant. It isn't the flashiest but I can think of few restaurants that I enjoy more.

My cousin was in that!

Although he's from Windsor so probably doesn't quite count as out of town.

First time we went there, we ordered maybe 5 dishes... first 4 came out in good time, happily eating, prawns, oysters, a fish or two, nice spacing between, great food, we're both stuffed full... half hour later , just finishing off the bottle, fighting off the impending food coma, out comes the stuffed squid!

Dug deep, finished it.

Pretty proud of myself for that.

I didnt understabd the couch reference in my job thread and I still don't get it. Thinking I shouldn't try and find out either.

I have no idea at all either, but those dirty bastards who posted it reckon it's a setting for ■■■■ and that some of them are pretty alright, too.

Indeed.

A couch.

For casting.

At least, that's what it looks like.

I may be wrong.