Favorite Places To Eat

Ah, I know where it is now.

520 High Street. It’s being marketed as ‘Welcome to Thornbury’, despite actually being over the border in Northcote.

I’m yet to decide whether this is a compliment or insult to Thornbury.

Scopri in Nicholson St Carlton. Sensational meal.

A reply to: @David J Richardson regarding QuoteLink

520 High Street. It’s being marketed as ‘Welcome to Thornbury’, despite actually being over the border in Northcote.

Could even be Croxton?

A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink

Could even be Croxton?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=520+high+street&oq=520+high+street&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j69i62.2157j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Heading to Port Phillip estate winery. Looking forward to it. Anyone been?

Girl with the Gris Gris on Market La. Louisana style food, well priced and fantastic.

A reply to: @bomber_girl regarding QuoteLink

Girl with the Gris Gris on Market La. Louisana style food, well priced and fantastic.

I must try it. Cajun food is my favourite food. The Cajun Kitchen in Elizabeth St was replaced by yet another pho joint.

I want po’boys, not pho.

A reply to: @Henry’s Angry Pills regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink

Could even be Croxton?

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=520+high+street&oq=520+high+street&aqs=chrome.0.69i57j69i62.2157j0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

lol…a bit North there, mate.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @bomber_girl regarding QuoteLink

I must try it. Cajun food is my favourite food. The Cajun Kitchen in Elizabeth St was replaced by yet another pho joint.

I want po’boys, not pho.

Have you tried Gumbo Kitchen food truck? Don’t know what they’re like in the US, but these ones were pretty solid, size of a small footy, fries shrimp or oysters.

I think we’ve had this convo before

Went to bigboy bbq off bourke street. really liked the ribs.

and for djr the chips were good too.

Went to Longrain the other night. Farking unreal.

Brisbane
Breakfast at Cirque, Brunswick St Newfarm?

Was pretty good, would recommend

I went to the Street Food Vendors jobby at the Showgrounds today…bit steep…$36 entry plus $10 parking.

I tried a few things…people have recommended Gumbo Kitchen so I tried the Shrimp Po’Boy meal for $15. 2 prawn sliders plus chips.

Also had an empanada and an arepa from a Colombian joint. I think I prefer the Argentinian empanadas, with the spiced beef, olive and hard-boiled egg. There 's a great place in Glebe in Sydney for them. The pastry is so good there, which I haven’t found comparable here. There was plenty of Mexican, Peruvian, Brazilian and Argie food…vegetarians need not bother.

Had a sugar-cane juice with mint and lime.

Food in total, with a soft-serve ice cream, came to $2 more than the entry price (not counting the parking).

I thought the idea of food trucks is that they sort of come to you

Martini Ristorante in Norwood
Always excellant food and service.
Latest visit I started with the Salsiccia pepperonata and had the pappardelle con anatra for mains, washed down with a cracking Pino Grigio. Didnt get to dessert as was too full

I went to Baby last night and I had the duck ragu. It was nice.

Tonight I had salsiccia pizza from pomodoro. That was also nice.

Aceman, have you been to Antica on King William Road. If not, try it out. Great pizza.

A reply to: @em2009 regarding QuoteLink

I went to Baby last night and I had the duck ragu. It was nice.

Tonight I had salsiccia pizza from pomodoro. That was also nice.

Aceman, have you been to Antica on King William Road. If not, try it out. Great pizza.

Yes, love the place.
Had the diavola for lunch there only a couple of weeks ago.

Yummy!!! I can’t remember which ones we had.

Cardinia Raceclub. Some nice Surf n Turf combo. When footy season returns, I’ll be there in front of the big screen…