Favorite Places To Eat

Red Spice Rd last week.

YES

Lazerpig

Fantastic pizzas, absolutely fantastic.

Lashed out and went to Ten Minutes by Tractor in Main Ridge. It was a bit pricey but not exorbitant(250 for 2 for 3 courses and a bottle of the local estate Chardy) but it felt very special. Everything was spot on with great food, wine and service. Best place I’ve eaten on the Peninsula.

A reply to: @GRR regarding QuoteLink

Lashed out and went to Ten Minutes by Tractor in Main Ridge. It was a bit pricey but not exorbitant(250 for 2 for 3 courses and a bottle of the local estate Chardy) but it felt very special. Everything was spot on with great food, wine and service. Best place I've eaten on the Peninsula.

It’s beautiful that joint, could eat there every day. Only place better than that in the area is a french restaurant called La Petanque on Mornington-Flinders road.

Quoted Post

It’s beautiful that joint, could eat there every day. Only place better than that in the area is a french restaurant called La Petanque on Mornington-Flinders road.

Interesting comments, we passed La Petanque on the way there. I reckon Montalto has a better view but, on my limited experience, Ten Minutes has it covered foodwise. My favourite view round here is from the decking at Willow Creek, their wine’s good too, especially their buttery chardy on a sunny day at lunch with a few of their cheaper nibbles from the bistro.
Did you end up going to Port Phillip Estate, driven past a number of times and I’d be interested in your comments.

Quoted Post

Interesting comments, we passed La Petanque on the way there. I reckon Montalto has a better view but, on my limited experience, Ten Minutes has it covered foodwise. My favourite view round here is from the decking at Willow Creek, their wine’s good too, especially their buttery chardy on a sunny day at lunch with a few of their cheaper nimbles from the bistro.
Did you end up going to Port Phillip Estate, driven past a number of times and I’d be interested in your comments.

Yep. Pricey but very nice and a wonderful view. I like red wine only so I had beef fillet with a snail sauce. The wife is vegetarian so she got a tortellini type dish. She normally shares a bit of her food with me, but not this one, she polished that off real quick

When you get a chance, head to La Petanque, it’s definitely one you should do on the Mornington Peninsula (among others)

is La Petanque the one that’s basically a shed?

Don’t think so

Quoted Post

Went to bigboy bbq off bourke street. really liked the ribs.

and for djr the chips were good too.

Walked past this today and had to give it a try for lunch. Great ribs, wasn’t a fan of the chicken wings but will have to go back to try some of the burgers.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Walked past this today and had to give it a try for lunch. Great ribs, wasn’t a fan of the chicken wings but will have to go back to try some of the burgers.

If you’re in the city and reL good, real bbq, head down to Fancy Hanks next to the Queen Vic Market, in the Mercat hotel.

It’s unreal, can get a bit pricey, but it’s great.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Their burgers are unreal.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I’ve only tried the hot pastrami on rye. Just about my favourite sandwich in the world.

If anyone is out near Pakenham go to Ryno's Burgers (they have a FB page) just a small pop up style joint which is pretty much a converted shipping container that do take away burgers. ■■■■■■ brilliant! Had one as a treat meal and 'Sweet Mother of God' it was amazing.

Looks good. Think I’ll head down the hill and have a go on one of those.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

I’ve only tried the hot pastrami on rye. Just about my favourite sandwich in the world.

Ok went back there today, had the Zee Man, pretty ■■■■■■ good.

Off to Gingerboy in a month, anyone been? Any recommendations

Quoted Post

Off to Gingerboy in a month, anyone been? Any recommendations

Twice.

It’s all good. Get the banquet. I think that let you choose some of the dishes. Get the eggs too.

Will do.

Cheers em

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

Rice Paper Scissors on Liverpool St (near parliament off Bourke) has just become one of my favourite places in Melbourne. It’s amazing

Quoted Post

Rice Paper Scissors on Liverpool St (near parliament off Bourke) has just become one of my favourite places in Melbourne. It's amazing

I’ve posted about that place before. Went there on 2 consecutive melb trips last year. I’m glad you’ve been and like it. I think it’s brilliant.