Favorite Places To Eat

All slightly dodgy on one level or another, but all interesting and worth a look.

My kinds of places. Like I said I’m not looking for fancy/fine dining. I want to stuff myself with dodgy ethnic food and high quality coffee for a week straight.

Visiting Melbourne to me is usually make a direct line to Etihad/MCG, watch game, go home.

Hot damn Soft Tissue, now we're talking.

I’m likely going to be centred somewhere near North Melbourne so that sounds like a good start.

You’re likely to bump into Joe D at Laksa King.

All slightly dodgy on one level or another, but all interesting and worth a look.

My kinds of places. Like I said I’m not looking for fancy/fine dining. I want to stuff myself with dodgy ethnic food and high quality coffee for a week straight.

Visiting Melbourne to me is usually make a direct line to Etihad/MCG, watch game, go home.

You can find good coffee in 3 shops out of 4, but beware the wolf in sheeps clothing because that one is ■■■■ poor and more expensive. QVM is the sort of thing you do once and never again but don’t put it high on the list.

Brunswick has alot of good coffee shops (yes I’m biased) which is about 10 minutes from where you are. There is a french pastry place in North Melbourne which is average at best. From North Melbourne, trams are your best means though I know there is a decent cycling track around there which takes you a fair way through to the city.

Soft tissue hit most of it on the head but 400 Gradi is ■■■■. For Pizza, go to Doc (Carlton) and @Alan_Noonan_#I0 joint for espressos in the city.

also yarraville gardens has a good food truck scene.

And awesome coffee.

Went to Farm Vigano today in South Morang (around that area anyway). Food was simply perfect, all fresh and full of flavour.

You could give these a try not far from NM, bit of a mix and a few variations on what has been already named above:

-Grand Trailer Park Taverna in the CBD for burgers.
-Shanghai Street in the CBD for dumplings.
-Scoozi in Ascot Vale for pizza.
-Abla’s in Carlton for middle eastern.
-Mork in North Melbourne for sweets & coffee.

I highly recommend the banquet (or whatever you toffs are calling it now) at George's mum's place. Hellenic Republic, Lygon St. Doesn't break the bank, either.

also Gazi is a good feed, don’t take a traditionalist greek though they’d ruin the occasion.

Yeah, I don’t get the live for 400 Gradi, and you’re right DOC is real good.

My fave pizza in melbourne is in Northcote at Pizza Mien Liebe,

Yeah, I don't get the live for 400 Gradi, and you're right DOC is real good.

My fave pizza in melbourne is in Northcote at Pizza Mien Liebe,

Get a Margherita and 400 gradi is awesome but the service and vibe is a bit lacking.
I much prefer Kaprica and D.O.C., same authentic Ital vibe without the hype that Melbournians just love to lap up.

Supernormal was super good. We had lunch there & then onto Spice Temple for dinner.

Looking for a restaurant that will be open boxing day for a pre-theatre dinner, any idea if there is a site that will have a list of places that are open or is its just a process of elimination?

Went to Farm Vigano today in South Morang (around that area anyway). Food was simply perfect, all fresh and full of flavour.

If it wasn’t a long drive for you try dinner at 2 Beans and a Farm at Carome Homestead in Mernda. Fresh and excellent Spanish food with wines from the same region. Went there a couple of weeks ago and was genuinely happily surprised.

Sweet Things -
If you’re into Cake go to Beatrix in North Melbourne, it’s next level,

That should get you started :wink:

Love that joint.

Sweet Things -

Love that place after a joint.

fixed

Sweet Things -

fixied

Sweet Things -

fixied

Aint nothing hip about a bunch of chicks in their 30s who are obsessed with baking cakes, You old grump!

Sweet Things -

Love that joint.

Fkg concur. Was struggling to get a seat the last few times I went.

If it wasn’t a long drive for you try dinner at 2 Beans and a Farm at Carome Homestead in Mernda. Fresh and excellent Spanish food with wines from the same region. Went there a couple of weeks ago and was genuinely happily surprised.

Been there for breakfast, sensational. Was a decent drive but well worth it.

Last night, Mrs AT and I had dinner in Cottesloe with Prince Charles and Nobel Prize medallist Barry Marshall. Food and wine were marvellous. Sunset over Indian ocean perfect, with lightning for extra special effect.

Highly recommended!

Did you ask chuck to get us off at the cas?

Which restaurant? I’ve been to Indiana and that was heaps nice. Best toilets.