Favorite Places To Eat

Korean food is legit.

1 Like

Pretty sure it would be Kat-sue-me if I saw her in person!

Is Brunswick close enough?

Rin sura

Best thai ever

1 Like

My brother has talked about it for years, but Iā€™ve never been there and I donā€™t think he has. Itā€™s an absolutely terrible name for a restaurant. I know itā€™s named after some bike race, but itā€™s still terrible. Who wants to eat in hell? Iā€™ve looked at the menu and it seems OK, but not terribly inspiring.

A really good French bistro restaurant in that part of the world is Paris Go in Rathdowne Street, Carlton. Very traditional French menu, and the food is beautifully cooked.

Only a year or two oldā€¦but did you get to Dexter? Hopefully you got the brisket and meat donuts.

We did their home delivery during LD2 and it was pretty close to what they serve on site.

2 Likes

I meanā€¦10 months late, but Iā€™ll log it in for her next birthday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve found Paris Go disappointing the last couple of visits. Hell of the North was good, but I got put off by service issues, missed orders & credit card surcharge.

Also disappointing was Blue Bonnet, which we used to love before it moved. The meals were over salted to the point of being inedible.

So I guess we havenā€™t had a great run latelyā€¦

2 Likes

Sapa Hills in Footscray is back in business (as well as Sapa Sister two doors down with food from the same kitchen). Iā€™ve been eating Vietnamese food along this drag for 30 years and Sapa Hills is a step above. If you have a bit more to spend then go for the specials.

2 Likes

Yep went last year before lockdown. Its good, but not amazing IMO.

Yeah I think itā€™s slipped.

Same with Fancy Hanks. Started quite well, now canā€™t recall the last time I went there

1 Like

Lol, didnt even check. Damn Klawdy

1 Like

:joy: Sorry. You werenā€™t the only one though.

Felt like it changed after the move, might just be my taste buds affected by the new look and having to go across town to get there.

1 Like

10 months! And the rest lol

Oh yeah - 1y10 m hahaha

Had dinner at Spice Temple for New Years. I was really worried it wouldnā€™t reopen after lockdown but happy to report itā€™s back and still amazing. The numbing pork was next level good.

5 Likes

Best known for being the (time) midpoint between Thornbury and Taggerty.

I miss Shanghai Street dumplings and Lelloā€™s pasta.

:frowning:

Lello are also in specially shops now

Yum!