Favorite Places To Eat

I’ve never had a bad meal there.

1 Like

In terms of large Asian restaurants, Red Spice Road unfortunately hasn’t reopened :frowning:

1 Like

Plume at Highpoint has shut too. :frowning:

Wife had her hens night there, we went there a few later later and it was fantastic.

Real shame it hasn’t re-opened.

For meat lovers try Beefstouw, it is next to Tonka (think in Duckworth Place, off Flinders Ln)

I got the 700g rib eye, unbelievably good.

1 Like

Meatmaiden is also a ripper.

2 Likes

Oh man, just had a look. I’d be right into this one, might be a bit too much ageing though.

100 DAY DRY AGED BEEF
CÔTE DE BOEUF (RIBEYE ON THE BONE)
500G 90

Experience the effects of Dry Ageing when taken out to an
incredible 100 days. The flavours created when aged for this
length of time are unlike any other, with extreme flavour intensity
and tenderness.’

Don’t get the tomahawk. It’s for 2 but I would have been able to have it on my own, mostly bone.

1 Like

2 Likes

Sad to hear. I always enjoyed eating there.

1 Like

We went together. :heart:

1 Like

Died from a heart attack at 43. Maybe that was your point, if so I apologise. Picking up subtlety isn’t my strength.

Point taken, but it’s a scene from uncle buck where he has to eat a humongous steak to get it for free, and he has to eat the gristle and bone too (commenting on the above post that said the Rhine was mostly bone) at least that’s how I recall that scene playing out in the movie.

Great outdoors?

Now I’m confused, I might be thinking of a Chevy Chase movie…is that great outdoors? About the only funny let

2 Likes

Definitely not uncle buck

SA Blitzers, check out Coffee in Common. They were located in Napier St, Essendon and used to be my local, but the guy who ran the place moved back home to Adelaide and has started up there. I believe they now have a sit-in cafe where previously they were selling wholesale coffee items and doing the odd pop-up cafe. Address is 7 Bacon St Hindmarsh. Up there with the best coffee I’ve ever had so it should be top quality!

Thanks smooth. You’ve mentioned them before and I didn’t know where to find them. Bacon St and Hindmarsh are pretty close to me, I go that way every Saturday morning, so I will check them out.

1 Like

Sean is a ripper. The quality in the food and the coffee is as good as you’ll get. Absolutely gutted he moved back hole but anyway, it might be a reason to head over to SA in the future!