Finally we get to hear from Hirdy. Our coach

Sexy.

-Confirmed that Howlett and Licha may be leaving EFC but will have a talk with both to ensure they stay
- Will try and obtain a quality player from Port for Paddy. If no deal occurs, he will stay a Don or shop him around elsewhere
- No Boulder trip this year. A small group (4-5 players) will be heading to Colorado instead
- In a current process to replace Goody
- First priority to trade in/draft a ruckman. Wants Joey to play permanent fwd. Will also look to acquire a gun mid with our elite mids ageing.

Uh oh. He's gone full Sheedy. Did he mention cheque books?

He said young mid, not gun. Hopefully a young mid that turns into a gun mid though. 

I don't know about the rest of you, I've already sacrificed the office's virgins as instructed by Hirdy when playing the video in reverse.

-Confirmed that Howlett and Licha may be leaving EFC but will have a talk with both to ensure they stay
- Will try and obtain a quality player from Port for Paddy. If no deal occurs, he will stay a Don or shop him around elsewhere
- No Boulder trip this year. A small group (4-5 players) will be heading to Colorado instead
- In a current process to replace Goody
- First priority to trade in/draft a ruckman. Wants Joey to play permanent fwd. Will also look to acquire a gun mid with our elite mids ageing.

Uh oh. He's gone full Sheedy. Did he mention cheque books?
He said young mid, not gun. Hopefully a young mid that turns into a gun mid though.

Oh no...

Boulder is in Colorado

That was actually really good I thought.

That being said I will be more ■■■■■■ off than ever before if he is now sacked.

FFS, What a surprise the HS going with Hird  does interview but doesnt mention Bomber Thompson. These newspaper people (and I use the word loosely) are the lowest form of gutter crap. Cant wait for the Age's reaction.

GREAT THREAD TITLE

Yahoo

that made me smile, just good to see him chatting as the coach.

(not interesting in reading anything else into it)

Wait a sec, Hird talking about football. You can’t be serious.

What an impossible situation we have. 

I cannot help feeling this is a kind of charade

On one hand

Hirdy is coach, and is going to court where he, not acting as a rep of EFC which has withdrawn from case, but as an individual, cannot represent players and get their show cause notices thrown out, even if appeals court choose to hear his case which is not certain - he also contends that nobody did anything wrong (which I believe BTW), so why the concern about these notices?

Clearly he wants to clear reps, his own and the players, and protecting Jobe's brownlow, all very worthy causes and perhaps, in his mind, worth sacrificing his coaching career for. Will it keep the club in the mud tho, and how many players will we lose, and with this hanging over us for another year, at ;east this trade season, how can we attract quality players? Even if he wins, it is too late to keep Paddy, or even to invalidate his back door re contract.

Will this situation become untenable for the club? Will they regret not letting him go and retaining Bomber who has said he wants to stay as coach, and if not will go to Suns soon?

If Hirds job does become untenable, say in a month if he loses appeal, what are our coaching options then?

Would it not actually make more sense for Bomber to coach another year while Hirdy sorts out Asada story - sure we have to pay him, but better than paying him out of whole contract.

I like Bomber, and clearly he felt that the game plan of Hirdy's had significant gaps, esp re defence, maybe if he stays another year...?

Is Hirdy a good enough coach to jepordise another season over? Is he better than Bomber?

This is like having 2 girlfriends who both want marriage, awful choice.

i missed his scent

Boulder is in Colorado

john denver was full of ■■■■

FFS, What a surprise the HS going with Hird  does interview but doesnt mention Bomber Thompson. These newspaper people (and I use the word loosely) are the lowest form of gutter crap. Cant wait for the Age's reaction.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I bet he doesn't care one jot about it, hopefully he can have a leisurely cruise home without waiting media out the front of his driveway.

I think a video I saw last Friday had:

- Media outside front of his house as he got into car

- Media outside front of TVS Centre as he got out of his car

- Media outside front of TVS Centre as he got into his car to drive home

- Media outside front of his house as he got out of his car

Ridiculous...

Looks like business as usual down at Essendon.  

Cost cutting

Meat & Potato pre season pfftt....

I'm sure Hirdy is thinking something a little more Euro, perhaps Beef Bourguignon and Dauphinoise potatoes washed down with a Bordeaux.

Looks arrogant.

Looks like a Don who could do with a lucky break.

THE HAIR