Former #19 - Shaunye

Showed way more than Irish and Redman in their games.

McKenna yes, Redman no. At least I noticed that Redman was out there.

Has to be played on ball more as it draws him into the action. As a forward he just stagnates, becomes lazy and has no clue how to get involved.

Still not convinced he has the potential some think but if they play him in the midfield more Iā€™m happy for him to get more chances.

Letā€™s review the facts:
Round 9:
Polky - 9 Disposals, 3 contested and 1 tackle
Redman - 2 Disposals, 1 contested and 2 tackles
McKenna - 3 Disposals, 1 contested, and1 tackle
Together that is 14 disposals, 5 contested and 4 tackles

Round 10:
Edwards - 14 Disposals, 6 contested, 2 tackles

So Edwards contributed basically exactly the same as 3 players the round before and still gets hit? Yep he isnā€™t going to be the star we wanted but the thought that you wouldnā€™t give him another 2-3 games is just odd in the circumstances. You are getting 3-1ā€¦ always a good deal.

I realise that stats arenā€™t everything but I think his work inside during the first half was quite good. I thought he was serviceable which is more than I can say about several others given a run this year.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  I hate stats arguments

Was okay.

I reckon he seemed more involved last night and that thereā€™s something to work with in him becoming more well rounded. Never noticed him do much defensively before, as far I know heā€™s not renown for it. Hird was emphatic that he needed to work on the defensive side of things. He did however lay a really good strong tackle last night which couldā€™ve been rewarded, applied some pressure at times and as mentioned was good in close. Some positives but needs to do more. 50/50 chance, I hope he comes through and earns a new contract, as a more well rounded player heā€™ll be very good.

He should be showing more than Irish he only picked up a footy 2 years agoā€¦ Fact is he is lazy and not afl standard and will not be on the list next year

Where do you people come from and can you go back?

Early in the last when we were having a run at them there was a ball up 10 metres from our goal. I happened to glance at him and he wasnt even concentrating or looking at the ball up. He was just walking and gave a half shove off of his opponent and moved to a nothing area once play had started again a second or so later. Dont know if he knows what his role is. Id have thought it should be THE (they all should act this way 10 metres out from goal but him in particular) guy in that situation to be providing the goal or at least looking for any option to get in amongst it. Fully watching, fully scheming and assesing gaps he could move to. You compare that to the manic craze that Parish hits the same situation with and it says a fair bit.

Scheming. I like that.

Edwardes was OK last night. Best work inside and was hard at it.

Would like to see the ball delivered to him and Walla, so they can weave a bit aof Magic, but with the skill level low very hard work.

Reckon he should play out the season, before anyone talks about cutting him.

Had 10 touches in the first half when he appeared to have licence to get up the ground a bit more. Only 4 in the second when he seemed to play a little deeper.

Just let play him as old fashion winger like both he and long play at the vfl. Go back deep and follow out from your wing. Give the first release option at the flank if you are on the fat side wing.

Keep it simple for him try and put him in situations where he can run and break the game up. Encourage him to handball, accelerate and link up and just keep doing it and doing it.

Donā€™t use him as a hit up target, donā€™t use him as a crumber, doing use him as a deep target.

Then reassess in 3 weeks or so. If he isnā€™t averaging near 20 touches he is done.

BTW do the same with jerret when he comes in.

He should be showing more than Irish he only picked up a footy 2 years agoā€¦ Fact is he is lazy and not afl standard and will not be on the list next year

Where do you people come from and can you go back?

Iā€™m right here pal is in his 3rd year with us done really nothing name a senior game where he has done something apart from kicking a couple of goals against the Dees?? Plus two years of development with giants time is up sorry

Agree

What total rubbish!

ā– ā– ā– ā–  I hate stats arguments

50% of Blitzers always say that

I reckon heā€™s a wingman. However there is a bit of competition in that role looking at next year. E.g Colyer, Long, Fantasia, Zaka, Zerrett, Tippa, Jerrett etc.

There are a couple of spots on the ground that are easier than othersā€¦one being wingman, the other being the unaccountable ā€œquarterbackā€, or loose man in the backline.

Stop trying to find spots for guys in the easy spotsā€¦we need guys to play in the hard spots too.

Weā€™ll have 26 wingers in our best 22.

Heā€™s not as smart on the field than he thinks, but has more talent than he realizes.

That that however you likeā€¦

He's not as smart on the field than he thinks, but has more talent than he realizes.

That that however you likeā€¦

TBH ā€¦ I have absolutely no fkn idea how to that that ā€¦

Better than Polkyā€¦ stays in

There are a couple of spots on the ground that are easier than others...one being wingman, the other being the unaccountable "quarterback", or loose man in the backline.

Stop trying to find spots for guys in the easy spotsā€¦we need guys to play in the hard spots too.

Weā€™ll have 26 wingers in our best 22.

I hope that is correct but I wish that was afforded to all players.

Jerret had one bad game and was dumped and hasnā€™t been seen since.

46 games 5 games he has 20+ possessions
Parish 9 games 8 games with 20+ possessions

Also Merrett has scored 2 goals in a game 3x
Parish already has a 2 goal game.

Merrett has been very average at AFL footy.

I hope that is correct but I wish that was afforded to all players.

Jerret had one bad game and was dumped and hasnā€™t been seen since.

46 games 5 games he has 20+ possessions
Parish 9 games 8 games with 20+ possessions

Also Merrett has scored 2 goals in a game 3x
Parish already has a 2 goal game.

Merrett has been very average at AFL footy.

Not many players start as well as Parish. Even some of the really good ones. I could name many with Jobe being a good example. Iā€™m sure heā€™s glad to have next year contract though.