Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

You’ll find my views and others in the James Hird and in The Saga Threads

And this one

Wasn’t someone else bending his banana and his missus found out

5 Likes

got nothing on people misspelling their name on legally binding documents. The document gets registered then they have to fork out several hundred in legal fees and document registration fees to rectify it.

I enjoyed re-reading those posts. You sum up mine, and many others feeings very well.

1 Like

Wasn’t our John Elliott involved with the saga? Maybe one of a couple of people who tried to blow the whistle on some computer shenanigans and got asked to leave?

Thanks mate, appreciate the kind words. The saga has well and truly killed my love of the game. Whenever I see Gilligan, or read, see or hear something that even remotely has the most minor reference to it makes me wild with anger.

I don’t believe my love for the game will ever return, especially when I consider I wasted 5 years living through it.

Truly sad for the players (excluding that dog Ryder) and James Hird and his family.

9 Likes

Hey… Leave the horse out of it!

3 Likes

the question should be why was dean wallis ever given the job in the first place

Great rant Hawcazzo.
Just want to ask.
Where will you go and what will you do during the footy season?

Was that when Silvagni was there?
If so figures.
If not also figures.

2 Likes

That gave me a different connotation until I got me head around it.

I’m not going anywhere per se, but I am just about ready to give up on AFL. The ONLY thing keeping me somewhat engaged is the EFC, although I’ve also just about had enough of their performances and the constant dribble I hear from the coach. I will always follow them but my level of support will definitely reduce next year. I am cancelling my family High Mark memberships, probably go with something a lot less - the love is gone.

The saga has drained me completely. I actually can’t stand the game style, officials, umpiring, comentators, but mostly that (Insert expletive starting with C here) Gilligan. My blood boils at the sight of him, and I switch off when I hear him.

I reckon I’ll go back and start following my local team again, Vermont in the Eastern Football League. They’re on top and I can experience what it feels like to follow a consistent winning team again.

13 Likes

Yep, I think I may have been the only one thinker she’s a Queenslander.

1 Like

See I made that comment on fb when he left, and an old school friend of mine who was working for the AFL at the time told me in no uncertain terms that I should check my facts because he wasn’t.

Did the AFL punish your friend for that governance failure?

6 Likes

at that stage i don’t think the afl were monitoring fb private messages…

could be wrong though

1 Like

Would be a terrific replacement for Draper.

/s

He was top 10 in our B&F in 2014. He won Port’s best and fairest in 2017.

Has had pretty bad injuries over 2018.

Ryder was robbed of the chance to play footy at the peak of his powers - with a year out of the game.

I reckon he’s one of players the saga impacted from a career standpoint the most. If he’d been given the chance to play footy distraction free from 2013-2017 he could have had multiple all Australian selections and probably finals success at Essendon.

2 Likes

I think a lot of us are with you on this Hawcazzo.
By the way is your name what I think it is in italian?

1 Like