Former #30 Patrick Ryder - we dodged the bullet

Yes long story have explained it a few times, goes back to a bunch of wogs in our school hood days, - name is a play on words.

Stupid names that schoolboys think are funny, unfortunately some stupid things stick in later years.

1 Like

Or could have done a knee in round 1. We will never know. We also don’t know how much longer his career will be because he had a year off. What we do know is all the players were compensated for this.

2 Likes

It wasn’t just one year. It was also 2013, 2014, 2015 too. The strain, the distraction, the media. I agree they were compensated. We still missed seeing what Ryder, Watson, Goddard could have done together…

2 Likes

Why would you say that??
What have you heard???

3 Likes

What’s a picture of O. Fantasia instructing A. Francis on forward leading patterns got to do with Patrick Ryder?

12 Likes

I was thinking how Hepp looks pretty non-plussed at St Essington’s smug taunts…

Raz is sniffing a Franga…

… yeah, I went there.

1 Like

As his 4-goals proved on Sunday, one Franga is greater than the entire teams Rhythm Method. Which reminds me… I hope Paddy Ryder’s children turned out OK.

Oh, nice.

Let’s just hope he’s not a late withdrawal this week.

All of this is preventable if he continues to play down back.

1 Like

I’m with ya mate. I’m also involved with an EFL club and these days I get far more enjoyment from that involvement than anything EFC related… for the past 10 or so years anyway.

1 Like

He started down back, but looks like he’ll finish right in the guts

But his tank! He’s only good for a few forward thrusts, then he’s spent.

1 Like

A decent game-day analist would point that out.

2 Likes

Actually Ryder would be a good fit for the Saints - aren’t him and Carlyle mates
We’ll keep Draper

Despite Essendon’s denials, offering a two-year deal for Paddy Ryder to come back makes so much sense, as Tom Bellchambers’ calf injury showed how fragile their ruck stocks are.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/moneyball-latest-trade-contract-news-from-across-the-afl/news-story/1ffa7eaf381ba1a5ff968a0f8f47d279

Id do it. He’s a good ruckman, much loved around the club. Still got a year of good footy left before he starts declining IMO. Also gives draper time to recover and develop at a good pace.

Just do it. Cgaf that he turfed us. That was warranted.

Im just going to put my heart on the line and say it, Id have him back if the club want him.

He obviously loved the club but his wife wouldn’t have a bar of it, Id like to see him come back Salmon 2002 style to mend the bridges and leave on a high note.

Given this thread has been just about active the whole time he’s left it shows how much emotion we have attached to this player, more so than any other player who has left us in recent times, prob since Wanganeen.

Id really love positive closure with him.

6 Likes

If they bring him back, he has to carry Drapers kit bag

5 Likes