Former #32 Travis Colyer

He was horrible, if you think anything else then we will go nowhere as a side.

Panics, has no skills, makes the wrong decisions, blazes away. Not sure how you could see anything different.

Pathetic

1 Like

Top 5-6, I reckon.

If we’d have won, it would’ve largely been on his back. Involved in 4-5 leadups, including the goal and the goalsquare mark to hooker.

For the first time all year, he actually raised his eyes, and looked to take guys on and kick long.

6 Likes

I’m not a Colyer fan, but today he was pretty good.

7 Likes

I criticised the fact he was in the team at all. He got a bit of the ball, did his role and was ok.
If we had if won you’d be lining up to give him a wristie.

3 Likes

For the amount of times he turned the ball over I’d much rather he had 6 touches than 23…

We would have fared a lot better, and probably would have won!

Shocking game. Don’t know how he still gets a game…

Played well but has a very poor poor disposal. Needs to work on that in the off season for sure. Loved his goal in the last minute.

saying that his disposal was 65.2% and that was better than some of the "A Grade
" players.

Merrett- 63%
Myers- 60%
Smith- 59%
Stringer- 57%

So can’t really pick too much at that

4 turnovers.

How many times did you sit your grade 3 maths test?

1 Like

Stop looking at stats, did you actually watch the game? He fumbles the ball constantly, he waits too long to kick to open players, he may not have directly turned the ball over, but he turns a 100% certainty to continue an Essendon forward movement into a 50/50 contest that usually ends up out of bounds or a ball up.

He is woeful mate.

2 Likes

I did.

He was good.

He opened up more of the ground more often than anyone bar maybe Zerrett and Tippa.
Admittedly, a game that suited his strengths, ie we were forced to the wing a lot.

EDIT: He certainly did eschew a lot of short options to try and find a long pass. A few of them were turnovers, sure, just like everyone in every game ever.

Did you think short chip slow buildups worked for the side, on the whole??

5 Likes

There’s a documentary on T Colyer on Channel 9 right now.
Apparently has a twin brother.

Can the brother kick to a target?

1 Like

We have others on our list younger and better, trade

Who of the ones outside of today’s team ?

Redman, Clarke, Laverde, Begley ( if he builds his tank more but like him forward )

Damn you beat me to it

I actually think Coyler disposal isn’t too bad. He really worked hard today and provided good options coming out of defence. He is making wrong decisions thou, simple things like when too sheppard or when too spread. I didn’t notice him fumbling today, which was good. Good effort really considering his form over the last three weeks.

2 Likes

He wants Long back in the side. As if he is being serious.

Played ok today, but gets physically monstered in contests.

1 Like

Writing was on the wall that it wasn’t going to be Essendons day when Guefli was replaced by Coyler pre game and to make matters worse we had Dean Margets umpiring.

Did you watch the game? He barely fumbled a ball today. And I dont think he missed any more targets tha heppell did.

3 Likes