Former #32 Travis Colyer

Round 1? Thought it was mandatory for him to miss the first 2-3 months of the season due to injury. Or am I getting him mixed up with Laverde?

2 Likes

Well, either that or he has outperformed everyone else he’s competing with during pre season.

1 Like

*mnbt

Gee watched the replay,the fumbling by Trav was just incredible to watch.

Cringeworthy.

8 Likes

With ball handling like his, he would have made a great soccer player

4 Likes

When he lines up on a wing,imagine the running power and class of Gaff in his place.

I would, but I’m currently in a public place

4 Likes

Go on, show some balls.

4 Likes

Hot potato, hot potato
Hot potato, hot potato

Whooo, wiggy wiggy wiggy
Whooo, wiggy wiggy wiggy
Gimme that, gimme that, gimme that…

Oops, soz, thought this was the Wiggles thread. Carry on.

2 Likes

Colyer, Lav and Hartley nice little trade package

If you don’t want them, what makes you think anyone else will?

1 Like

maybe also need to look at the positive stuff trav brings to the team.
Last few weeks had done a great job in being the player leading up the ground to provide the option to release out of defence. For a guy that does fumble a lot below his knees, his marking over head is actually very good.
He is a player that will benefit from actually completing a preseason and playing games.
This team found its identity of being a high pressure, fast moving team. Trav has the tools to compliment that play, just needs the summer to clean up the touch below his knees.

5 Likes

Has anyone recently watched footage of Colyer back from 2009. One grab, sure ball handling and long kicking.

He stills gets to the ball and the contesdt but seems very unsure and his handling skills are much like a novice. I reckon a bit of hypnotherapy would work.

I have been an Essendon supporter for a long time, clubs recruit marginal players, a couple we took for instance, Jerker Jenkins, Richardson, Murphy, Allan, etc

Carlton could do with them for one of there picks

Hartley would find a starting position at a few other clubs, imo.

We wouldn’t get fark all for the trade, though.

1 Like

That is why they need to be packaged

Adding players with no value together doesn’t create value.

5 Likes

Packaging only works if there is something of value in there. Hartley is worth, at best, a 3rd round pick on his own (maybe even 4th).

Is it worth trading out a depth player, who knows the game plan etc;, to upgrade a second round pick (So second+Hartley for a higher 2nd round pick)? Probably not.

Edit: Fark. Beaten to the same point.

Trav’s terrible hands directly cost us two goals on Friday in the third quarter.

I’m done.