Former #32 Travis Colyer

2015 was his best season don’t know if he will ever get close to that again.

and then you had Hird, who made time slow down and he just moved in his own world with ease.

He was out injured in the second half of 2015. Only played the first 11 games.

1 Like

And was then banned for the 2016 season.

The bloke was his on his way but injury and suppension ■■■■■■ him.

hi trav hi

2 Likes

I think it’s sad how little latitude people give to the suspended players for their form in 2017. Even someone like Hurley who was the clear All-Australian CHB.

2 Likes

I can’t recall another player having a bone removed from their foot…maybe it was just a bone fragment, but if it’s a decent size, I imagine it would have an ongoing impact.

Can anyone here comment on the seriousness of this procedure?

I simply think he will struggle to get back in the side by the time he gets right.

I agree. Guys like Smith and McGrath will be well ahead of what Colyer is capable of.
I hope he gets back into that 2014/2015 form. He’ll need to to get a run

1 Like

Yep.

Cleaner below the knees, sharper with his decision making/disposal.

2014 he had a great run, THAT Colyer gets in the 22.

Anyone have any update beyond what is on the AFL injury list. Tracking for the Hawthorn game?

I would imagine once he’s available he’ll need 3 or 4 games of VFL to get up to speed and push a case for selection because he’d only be a borderline selection these days anyway

I was very sorry he got injured. My hope was that he seemed down last year on his best like many of the 2016 suspended players, and that he’d improve this year with more time handling the ball and back in AFL conditions. A fit, firing Colyer almost certainly replaces Begley in the side. That was not what we got in 2017 though, and with the injury I very much doubt it is what we’ll get in 2018 even when he gets back.

2 Likes

Yeah, we kinda dropped the ball on Trav didn’t we?

1 Like

Not sure it was up who dropped the ball.

If you’re going to have a go at someone for fumbling under pressure, at least make sure you haven’t got any typos while you do it.

6 Likes

Poor spelling is poor football.
It’s this acceptance of mediocre language that’s held the club back for fifteen years.

6 Likes

Personally think its been all downhill since this.

4 Likes

Last I saw, he was 2 weeks away and preparing for VFL time.

Now Crow has said his recovery is slower than expected and he could return after the bye.

Would be handy this week.

2 Likes