Forward line

If Hurley plays back (as Thompson has indicated), Carlisle will play forward. Whether this is robbing Peter to pay Paul, i'm unsure. Both players have tools at either end of the ground.
As much as I like Hooker, i'm not sold on him taking the #1 fwd each week. As a player matching up on the secondary fwd/resting ruck, he's very damaging dropping off to take intercept marks etc. Carlisle/Hurley are better suited taking the Franklins/Clokes/Camerons of the league. 

get that bloke in your avatar as an international rookie and stick him up forward.

then Dwayne fuckstick Russell can say "crazy good" and actually be literally correct for once.

Steinberg

If Carlisle lines up at FF Rd 1, I'm tearing up my membership

U serious?

U serious?

He's happy with Carlisle in the forward pocket. Decoy for Dell.

That's a pretty stupid thing to be tearing up your membership about.

Carlisle might look like he's going to be a great backman, but don't you think it's worth a shot for at least half a season to find out if we might have something even better available to the team by having Hurley and Carlisle play at opposite ends?

Carlisle will end up being one of the great essendon CHF's. ... mark my membership

I never lie*

*I might be lying.

have to have one of carlisle or hurley forward. HAVE to. daniher will get monstered week in, week out if he gets the number one key defender

That's a pretty stupid thing to be tearing up your membership about.
Carlisle might look like he's going to be a great backman, but don't you think it's worth a shot for at least half a season to find out if we might have something even better available to the team by having Hurley and Carlisle play at opposite ends?

By the same token, Chappy, Daniher and Hurley have never played in the forward line together. Don't you think its worth giving that combination some time and take a look at how it goes before throwing our under 23 AA CHB into the forward line?
Change for the sake of change is never a good reason for change.

have to have one of carlisle or hurley forward. HAVE to. daniher will get monstered week in, week out if he gets the number one key defender

Hurley

When did Carlisle get AA?

JC may have had a good half season as a backman but he also has half forward written all over him.

He was recuited as a forward.

Has buckets to mark.

Needs some games to settle and kick a few and he will come round to the idea.

Look out mid season! JC comfortable high half forward and JD in the grove forward with chappy n winders at there feet… Formidable!

JC may have had a good half season as a backman but he also has half forward written all over him.
Has buckets to mark.
Look out mid season! JC comfortable high half forward and JD in the grove forward with chappy n winders at there feet....... Formidable!

I hint no sarcasm in above post! 

Stop paying Hird.

Start paying Lloyd.

An actual forward might make a good Forward Coach.

Just what Big Joe needs.

Your mum won't be happy that you've wasted your pocket money.

Is Hurley a better defender than Carlisle?

Is Carlisle a better forward than Hurley?

WHO IS BETTER!!!!

Hey that’s a really great question!

Has buckets to mark.
Look out mid season! JC comfortable high half forward and JD in the grove forward with chappy n winders at there feet....... Formidable!

JC will be crucified if we try to turn him into a pernament forward.

They are great questions, & open for some debate. Alongside the other questions ..

eg:  Does Hurls play better in defence than fwd?? Many would say yes.

The great unknown is CAN Carlisle play better fwd than down back ...

theres not enough data on this yet to make a call.

I think there could be a lot of the pre season used for the gathering of it.

Has buckets to mark.

JC will be crucified if we try to turn him into a pernament forward.

Lol.