Four Vic Police killed by a truck on the Eastern Freeway

I don’t understand why the reports are saying the actions of the police officers no doubt saved lives. That doesn’t seem to make any sense.

Because the guy they pulled over was doing 140 on a busy freeway and could have caused an accident?

4 Likes

Yes, ‘could have’ - but they are saying no doubt saved lives.

With respect this seems like a really odd thing to quibble about in the circumstances

6 Likes

A mortgage broker named Dick Pusey turned out to be a right ■■■■.

Shocking right?

3 Likes

Some fairly unimpressive, poor taste comments in this thread considering the tragic subject matter IMO.

3 Likes

I think many including myself are posting blinded by anger for me its simply down to the fact (a tad selfish on my part maybe) that it could have very easily been those police officers in my extended family killed by these complete bottom feeding ■■■■■ actions.

1 Like

Braking systems on big semis are so complex - that’s why i keep a further distance from them than from a car.
I had a near death experience on a European motorway with a 130km speed limit. Nothing in front of me in my lane for a long long way, I accelerate to go up a hill, next thing a semi swerves in front of me from another lane with just a few metres in front of me and decelerated. I had no choice but to switch to a gap in another lane without knowing how far back a car was speeding up in that lane.
After that I fully understood why there were so many pile ups on those fast European motorways.

1 Like

Truly horrific for those poor families. Those kids on their first few weeks on the job…my heart breaks for them and the first responders who no doubt will be dealing with what they saw.

4 Likes

I get that.

Its an awful tragic accident though isn’t it?

I mean cops would be pulling cars over speeding all the time on the freeway.

What is a problem is.
If this guy fled the scene without calling for help, providing first aid. (although it sounds he was under the influence) and taking photos.

The taking of photos might have been an act of shock. It would have been absolute mayhem. As with telling his mates what had just happened.

I don’t see how anyone can be a calm when a large truck collides with two cars flattening and killing 4 people.

I would say this guy is in a world of regret for his role in the whole episode.

1 Like

Am I right that this ■■■■ has been on ACA for allegedly ripping off tradies and allegedly saying to one of their wives that he hopes she dies, while she was battling cancer.
There was talk that cops busted him a few years back for tailgating the Airport Skybus so he could tap into their free WiFi. Sounds like a real douche

4 Likes

That is indeed the fine upstanding gentleman

Scum

Could face up to 10 years in Prison just on the leaving charge…

I reckon the taking & posting of the photos just about makes the Max for that one a certainty.

Add in the rest,… and I reckon there’ll be no Parole on it either.

3 Likes

If any person uses or continues to use this scumbag for their mortgage broking, then that person should be named and shamed as well.

Hit him where it really hurts.

2 Likes

He’s got form;

I’d say now a few people will be made an example of for not obeying that particular road rule. Rightfully so might I add.

2 Likes

You cant defend the indefensible. The guy is right royal ■■■■ for what he did.

3 Likes

Not at all. I can just see how a drug addled guy on a massive high driving a porsche flat stick then seeing 2 cars totalled by a semi and 4 guys die would act incredibly irrationally.

Its a reason