Fuck you 2016 - sums it up for me!

I’ll add much 2c
Lost my grandfather in August
Wife lost her grandmother in September. So while they are old, it was a bit harder because my wife and I both have Tuesdays off and we always make sure we keep an hour or 2 free every Tuesday to go visit our grandparents so it stung a bit.

Then on Monday night, my dad’s best mate passed away. Wasn’t sick or anything, just passed away. Still haven’t found the cause yet. He’s a Collingwood supporter but one of the rare good ones (actually had a job).

Oh well. Life goes on.

Florence Henderson. F*ck 2016.

Florence Henderson. F*ck 2016.

■■■■■■ hell.

And I thought Brady bunch went for longer than 5 years.

This year ( a few months ago), my kids’ mum passed away - my first wife and childhood sweetheart.
It’s been tough getting the boys to function properly, but we’re getting there.
f**k 2016.

Up and down year.

Our first born is doing really well. 16 months now and very happy and healthy, so that’s the moat important thing. New job as well, which is going pretty well.

Downside, baby didn’t give us much sleep, was incredibly difficult getting this new job, high stress at work, had our second miscarriage which was not much fun. Also Trump.

Overall mixed bag. 2017 will be better (except for Trump.)

A regular year for me.

Ups: Two long-term-single friends of my wife and I both met top blokes and got engaged, my prep-aged daughter got the hang of reading and is now devouring books as fast as possible (for those without kids, watching the penny drop was one of the best experiences of being a dad), I won the MVP for my baseball team despite being the oldest guy in the team, had a cracking 40th birthday (and got the Lego Millenium Falcon as a present - Score!), my wife has been on a fitness kick and is looking smokin’ hot, had a good snow season, finally got a Gopro, bought a new house, got permission from the missus to get a new TV (OLED?).

Downs: Wife’s dear old grandmother passed away, CAS, hurt my back in the gym (ironically whilst trying to build up my core strength to protect my back) and can’t seem to shake it, put on a few extra kilos as a consequence of reduced gym/fitness activity, had a close mate (a fellow Afghan vet) commit suicide after the break-up of his marriage and issues with PTSD, nickyD passing away, general disillusionment with local/state/federal/world politics.

Life goes on…

Batman v superman

Saw a meme the other day…

Fidel Castro…survived 638 American assassination attempts
But even he couldn’t survive 2016

Manuel. F*ck 2016.

Que?

Sad. Grew up crying of laughter at that show

He’s from Barcelona

Fourth child (first daughter) born healthy…work promotion…none of my direct family got sick, injured or died. Was a good year.

Zsa Zsa Gabor … taken so soon

Any Gabor sisters remain or was Zsa Zsa the last one?

She always claimed to be a great housekeeper…every time she got divorced (7 or 8 times), she kept the house.

Only 2 months short of raising the bat to the crowd.

She’d have fitted in well at Channel 9…famous for being famous and not much else.

Any Gabor sisters remain or was Zsa Zsa the last one?

Eva dropped off the perch in 1995 and Magda in 1997.

Howard Bingham.

Edited out, not due to tastelessness but because I couldn’t attach a Facebook photo.