Fuck you 2016 - sums it up for me!

Been pretty blah for me, personally, but not disastrous. CAS, continual struggles with health and fitness, continual insecurity at work, major plumbing leak will mean I have to get a big chunk of my house completely rebuilt, a long-planned overseas trip was cancelled for the FOURTH time, and a good friend who died last year is having her legacy ■■■■■■ on by ratbag executors and there’s nothing I can do about it at all.

On the other hand, friends and family are all well, my first nephew is doing awesome, and the insurance company are playing ball over the plumbing thing. Could be a lot worse.

Still a few days left in 2016, I hope someone’s keeping a close eye on David Attenborough , Ian McKellen, and Paul Kelly.

Next year, the big four zero. Yikes.

from FB feed, haven’t fact checked.:

Right, ■■■■ it, I'm done with '■■■ 2016 was terrible', here's some ■■■■■■■ awesome things that happened, you're welcome, Merry ■■■■■■■ Christmas

There’s an Ebola Vaccine now
Child Mortality - Down across the globe
+9% survival rate in pacreatic cancer sufferers
Gene responsible for ALS found
Volunteers in India planted 50 Million trees in 24 hours
Suicide rates down globally
The Ozone layer is repairing itself
The Rabbinical assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of trans and non conforming individuals
MIND CONTROLLED ROBOT ARMS
Leo got dat oscar
Wild tigers numbers up FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 100 YEARS
Giant Pandas - No longer endangered
A solar powered plane did a ■■■■■■■ world trip
Global Malaria down by 60%
Measels ERADICATED from the Americas
93% of the world’s children learned to read and write - the highest percentage IN HUMAN HISTORY
China plans to be completely renewable by 2020 and has a global plan for by 2050
Huge global push in renewable energy
Norway committed 0 deforestation, 0
Every major grocer and fast food chain in the U.S pledged to use cage free eggs only by 2025
Manatees - No longer endangered
Wild Wolves - Back in Europe
Wild Salmon spawning in the Connecticut river for the first time since the American revolution
Columbian white tailed deer - no longer endangered
Green Sea Turtles - NO LONGER ■■■■■■■ ENDANGERED
Sea World no longer breeding captive killer whales
Humpback Whales - NO LONGER ENDANGERED
Global aid - up by 7%
Americas most generous year EVER in charity and aid
China’s most generous year EVER in charity and aid at $15 ■■■■■■■ Billion

Yes, some famous ■■■■■■■ people you liked died, and you know what - more of them are gonna go too

but take some time to look at the ■■■■■■■ good and beauty in this world, good ■■■■ is happening, learn it, support it, be part of it.

Merry ■■■■■■■ Christmas

from FB feed, haven't fact checked.:
Right, ■■■■ it, I'm done with '■■■ 2016 was terrible', here's some ■■■■■■■ awesome things that happened, you're welcome, Merry ■■■■■■■ Christmas

Yes, some famous ■■■■■■■ people you liked died, and you know what - more of them are gonna go too

but take some time to look at the ■■■■■■■ good and beauty in this world, good ■■■■ is happening, learn it, support it, be part of it.

Merry ■■■■■■■ Christmas

I don’t know about the rest, but i 100% KNOW that this one is bullshit.

Measles (and probably ‘measels’ too) is actually making a comeback in the USA due to antivaxxer bullshit. Certainly not eliminated.

I think at least one strain of wild polio was eradicated in 2016 though, which was legit good news from a health point of view.

Been pretty blah for me, personally, but not disastrous. CAS, continual struggles with health and fitness, continual insecurity at work, major plumbing leak will mean I have to get a big chunk of my house completely rebuilt, a long-planned overseas trip was cancelled for the FOURTH time, and a good friend who died last year is having her legacy ■■■■■■ on by ratbag executors and there's nothing I can do about it at all.

On the other hand, friends and family are all well, my first nephew is doing awesome, and the insurance company are playing ball over the plumbing thing. Could be a lot worse.

Still a few days left in 2016, I hope someone’s keeping a close eye on David Attenborough , Ian McKellen, and Paul Kelly.

Next year, the big four zero. Yikes.

Hope things pick up for you next year.

January 12, 2016 f**ked up 2016 for me.

from FB feed, haven't fact checked.:

Merry ■■■■■■■ Christmas

I don’t know about the rest, but i 100% KNOW that this one is bullshit.

Measles (and probably ‘measels’ too) is actually making a comeback in the USA due to antivaxxer bullshit. Certainly not eliminated.

I think at least one strain of wild polio was eradicated in 2016 though, which was legit good news from a health point of view.

It’s actually a half truth. Endemic strains in the Carribbean and some of the america’s have been eradicated, so now like Australia, all circulating measles cases are introduced from overseas. That is sufficient to claim eradication of measles in a country.

Nothing too drastic here: First born grandson (10) still hanging in there re his kidney issues; the other 6 still hale & hearty. Mr BM & I still healthy and love each other. Dreading the GF when Fark Carlton & us play each other ( didn’t know each other in ‘93 - the “old days”), could be WW3. All big kids doing OK. At this stage can’t ask for much more. My job is Govt funded, so waiting in Jan/Feb to see if we still get another contract, otherwise have to look for another job at my age, not fun :(, but something will happen I’ m sure.
Looking forward to an exciting 2017, EFC, travel etc. NYE with Boot & Darli, heaps of fun
Just listening on Spotify: Aussie Rock Classics - freaking awesome!! :slight_smile:
Heaps of best wishes to fellow Blitzers, you are the very best dudes, cant wait for 2017 match day threads xx

1 day to go kiddies.

And on the last day…

My son has a rottie - his name is Roman. A huge dog - over 70kg with no extra weight, but the most beautiful personality.
About 10 days ago, he was a little ill, went off his food, and was generally depressed.
Vet diagnosed that he had a stomach bug.
3 days ago, he had been deteriorating, not eating, not improving. X-rays showed that he had an object in his gut.
An operation 2 days ago showed he had swallowed a rock, which had lodged in his digestive system. He had been eating grass for days, trying to dislodge it. Vet removed the rock, along with about a foot of intestine, and sewed him back up.
We picked him up from the vet two nights ago and took him to IC in Kensington for overnight observation.
Picked him up yesterday morning - was better - he walked and wagged his tail, and gave me a lick.
He ate a little and drank some at the vet yesterday. But today after the night, we were told that he seemed to take a turn for the worse.
We took him back to IC, and they did a few more tests, finding that he had a blood infection after the surgery.
So Roman is being put down now.
My son loses his mother and his best friend in the same year.
Goodbye, buddy. Love you.

Well, …that sucks.

Sorry mate. Fk off 2016.

Sad to hear your news Deckham,

Sending hugs to your son and you.

RIP Roman you were much loved.

Well, a friend who’s into fairy dust and crystals etc, told me something about numerology the other day.

She said that numerically, 2016 was a “9” year, a year of endings. numerology websites say …

“The Number 9 promotes completion. It signals a time to wrap things up and bring them to a conclusion” … and …

“A number 9 Year: Completion, Service, Endings, Culmination, Celebration, Emotional Release”

Then she said, … that 2017 was a “1” year, a year of new beginnings, …

“The number 1 is the maestro, the director of activities and events. 1 is a number about beginnings and new initiatives of all kinds.” …

“The numerology number for the year 2017, 2 + 0 + 1 + 7 = 10 = 1. 2017 is set to be an explosive year running on all cylinders, firing on all corners. What an exciting time to be alive. 2017 marks the beginning of a new numerological cycle, bringing with it positive energy and large movements forward.” …

Now this would have just been another of those conversations that I just nodded, said that’s interesting", and forgotten about in an hour, until I realised that the 9 year numerological cycle she was on about, actually coincided, with the sacking of Sheeds in 2007, and the start of a 9 year cycle ending this year, and a new one beginning next.

So it did give me pause for thought … and made me think at least the curiosity of it bore it worthy of sharing.

Bring on '17. I’m certainty looking forward to it, and according to my cloud dwelling friend, so is the universe.

Happy New year Blitzers.

Condolences Deckham. RIP Roman.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit, Deckham.

When I drop my catch on my throw-boomerang-in-2016-for-return-in-2017, I’m not gonna know which year was/will be the bad one.

Jeez Deckham, I’m sorry about your losses. Hope things smooth out soon. I sort of hope I misinterpreted the last part of your post, but fear I haven’t.

Fark 2016. My dog went missing today. Haven’t even had any fireworks yet.

Funny ■■■■■■■, sort of comment you would expect from a bloke who put his sister on eBay.

Fark 2016. My dog went missing today. Haven't even had any fireworks yet.

Did/have you found your dog?

And on the last day.....

My son has a rottie - his name is Roman. A huge dog - over 70kg with no extra weight, but the most beautiful personality.
About 10 days ago, he was a little ill, went off his food, and was generally depressed.
Vet diagnosed that he had a stomach bug.
3 days ago, he had been deteriorating, not eating, not improving. X-rays showed that he had an object in his gut.
An operation 2 days ago showed he had swallowed a rock, which had lodged in his digestive system. He had been eating grass for days, trying to dislodge it. Vet removed the rock, along with about a foot of intestine, and sewed him back up.
We picked him up from the vet two nights ago and took him to IC in Kensington for overnight observation.
Picked him up yesterday morning - was better - he walked and wagged his tail, and gave me a lick.
He ate a little and drank some at the vet yesterday. But today after the night, we were told that he seemed to take a turn for the worse.
We took him back to IC, and they did a few more tests, finding that he had a blood infection after the surgery.
So Roman is being put down now.
My son loses his mother and his best friend in the same year.
Goodbye, buddy. Love you.

I feel your pain. We recently put down our 15 y/o beloved family pet. I’ll probably cop flack for this, but it was the hardest thing I’ve ever had to go through in my life. Harder than losing both parents to prolonged illnesses. I just wish mourning pets wasn’t such a taboo subject.

Genuine commiserations.