Game of Thrones TV series *SPOILERS*: Let's wait for Season 8 Sesīr kipi!

He’d outwitted/outlasted the Targs, Baratheons, N Stark, Lannisters, and Arryns, and was overconfident he had Sansa conned. Completely blindsided.

1 Like

What?

Did you and wim both miss the TWO MASSIVE DRAGONS HIS BOSS RODE IN ON?
Because it seemed you did.
Tyrion is safe as long as HIS BOSS HAS TWO MASSIVE DRAGONS IN HIS IMMEDIATE VICINITY.

What would happen if Cersei killed the one guy who talked Danny out of torching the entire joint? In front of her? While she has 2 x DRAGONS literally right there?
Tricky to work out.

They should of leaflet dropped the city and given the citizenry 2 weeks to leave. If cersie forced them to stay it undermines her power but I reckon there would enough sycophants within her own court who would want to get out themselves that it would be difficult for to contain it. The dragon’s could then target and Destroy the red keep and the resulting fire should be containable, I presume given there is likely an ample fire break between it and the slums (if the whole City was going to burn down blowing the giant church up with wild fire would be more likely to cause it). It would be risky but I think she could pull it off. If cersie resorted to human shields she’d compromise her power and likely lose allies in the process so lay seige and wait for the inevitable revolution from inside.

The dragons are powerful but they aren’t nukes, you could use them tactically in a careful targeted manner on a city the size of kings landing.

The producers have taken the feedback around implausible time shifts on board. Christopher Nolan has been hired to direct season 8. The battle for kings landing is as follows.

Leaflet drop the city and show the citizens leaving over a week.

Show Euron coming back with his boats about a day.

Danny flying in on a dragon over the last hour before the battle.

All coalescing at a triumphant single point.

Cersei hates the plebs, she would lock them in to fight or die. IMO

She believes they respect her out of fear which is partially true.

1 Like

Dragons are known to be quite environmentally sensitive and wouldn’t waste paper when they can just burn ■■■■■.

2 Likes

QFT.

Well…yeah. Dragons.

I don’t think the dragons were in the Queen’s chambers with Cersei and Tyrion. I might have to watch it again, maybe they were hiding in the back behind a bookshelf or something? Peeking in the window maybe? Disguised as The Mountain?

She could have killed Tyrion, and then took out the entire rebel alliance leadership in one go (seeing as she had them completely trapped in those pits), before Dany could even think dracarys.

Plus, she was aware of Jaime’s previous meet up with Tyrion, when there were no dragons, or unsullied, or Dothraki to be seen, so I suggest there are more reasons than just dragons for Cersei to not kill him.

1 Like

I very much dispute she could’ve attacked Dany under Rhaegal and Viserion’s noses.
If only we knew whether dragons could think for themselves to protect their master?

Tyrion said they were considered intelligent, perhaps more intelligent than people, when he released two of them from the dungeon under Mereen. We have already seen them come to Danny’s defence before, so l believe the answer to your question is yes.

You guys are trying to establish logical reason in a show full of time travel, dragons, faceless people and instant fleets. Probably best to just enjoy the ride and not overthink it.

1 Like

I’d actually be disappointed if she didn’t have a few barrels of Wildfire hidden under the dragon pits, just in case. Or, you know, an archer or six.

It’s Cersei. As Queen.

If she wanted to kill Tyrion, she would have found a way imo.

Man this thread is awesome on drugs. Come down is a ■■■■■ though.

3 Likes

what?! So you don’t watch the show so you can complain about it ?

So is Bran the Night King??

It’s a theory.

The books are behind the TV show.
There are two books that are yet to come out and apparently the TV writers do have access to what is being written.

Having said that, I don’t know if the books catch up to this season or reach to the end of next season.

Its like dexter after trinity.

Sons of Anarchy in the last few seasons.

its peaked as a show and is now declining, where the big moments of the show are things that have been building for years and its just because of there being a resolution to that arc/thread.

1 Like

It hasn’t fallen anywhere near as far as Sons of Anarchy. Not even the same conversation.