Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

Rocket league is easily the best game of the last 2 years.

Trying to outrun the cops when stealing the cyber car in watchdogs 2… you go so fast you can barely hack while driving, yet the cops still catch up…

Fallout is a game I want to love. Like I just LOVE the idea of it. I’ve played the first 5 hrs of Fallout 3 3 times and just can’t get engrossed, it doesn’t pull me back.

If you want a Steam Link and/or Controller they are $89 at EB games but for the next few days you can get both for $97. Awesome deal.

Who is playing nba 2k17? Gave MyGM a run… downside is you cant draft your mycareer player.

Who is playing nba 2k17? Gave MyGM a run.. downside is you cant draft your mycareer player.

You’ve never been able to do that?

Who is playing nba 2k17? Gave MyGM a run.. downside is you cant draft your mycareer player.

You’ve never been able to do that?

You use to be able to I think… or maybe Edit a player to reflect him… still looks weird seeing your created character as GM

Rocket league is easily the best game of the last 2 years.

Loving Rocket League. Although I wish the community wasn’t so toxic… very tiring trying to play a teamgame with so many d!ckheads.

Don’t know how the lower ranked community is, haven’t been there in a while, but where i’m at its the same people, so dickheads don’t usually last long.

Don't know how the lower ranked community is, haven't been there in a while, but where i'm at its the same people, so dickheads don't usually last long.

Yeah, I’m only in Prospect Elite so I guess it is full of a lot of try-hards trying to blame others for any losses or just bad sports sledging after they win. It is getting better the higher I move up, but there seems to still be a lot of players that lose their heads if you go one-goal down or make one mistake - although that said, i do enjoy trolling the dickheads.

Yeah with any game that has competitive elements the dickheads come out in force.

Just beat Shadow of the Colossus (finally).

If you have a PS3 (I think it’s even available for download for PS4 maybe?) or even PS2 if you can bear the low res and terrible framerate (PS3 is an HD remaster) GET IT. It’s easily in my top 5 games of all time.

It’s part of the Team Ico collection, comes with their other game Ico which is very well received too but which I haven’t played other than for 5 mins.

Come to think of it what would be everyone’s top 10 games of all time?

Hard question to answer - some of the games I’ve loved the most over the years have definitely not been the most critically acclaimed or acknowledged as ‘best of all time’…

Diablo 2: LoD
Diablo 2
Cod 4
Cod WAW
WoW Fifa 99
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 2
Rocket League
Gran Tourismo 2
Burnout 3.

No order.

In no order and probably subject to change.

Medal of Honor (PS1)
Civilization 5
TF2
Pro Evolution Soccer 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Medal of honor: Allied Assault (Multiplayer)
BF1942: Desert Combat mod
Bioshock
Mario Kart 64
Deus Ex

In no order and probably subject to change.

Medal of Honor (PS1)
Civilization 5
TF2
Pro Evolution Soccer 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Medal of honor: Allied Assault (Multiplayer)
BF1942: Desert Combat mod
Bioshock
Mario Kart 64
Deus Ex

Greatest game ever…well probably not but in my mind its where it all started, my greatest memories are playing this game with clan members in the old comps on various sites, awesome fun.

Top 10 in no order

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (Multiplayer)
Crash Bandicoot
BF 1942
Cod 4
Unchartered series
Metal Gear Solid series
Project Cars
Grand Turismo 5
Sonic the Hedgehog
BF1 (really enjoying this incarnation)

Metal Gear Solid 3 and Flight Sim 2004.

Not ten games there, because everything else is meagre in comparison.

No love for The Last of Us?

Near perfect game in my eyes.

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
Transport Tycoon (or the openttd equivalent)
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2
Uncharted Waters
Civ 2
Borderlands 2
Warcraft 3
Command and Conquer
Broken Sword 2
Diablo 2
Tie Fighter
International Cricket (nes)
RC Pro Am (nes)

Showing my age a bit there. I don’t tend to add ‘new’ games on my top 10 cause I like to reserve my judgement on how well they age. Best of all time should be a game you can still play now.

Top 10 in no order

Civ 4 - Most played by far
Street Fighter 2 - used to get excited when i had a spare dollar to play this when arcades machines were a thing. Daytona a close second.
Goldeneye - when multiplayer meant getting drunk and stoned with your mates playing a game on the same TV
Mariokart (N64) - see goldeneye
Skyrim - immense
GTA San Andreas - immense and got to role play the guy from da hood
Zelda Ocarina of time -perfectly realised. Took everything that was great about platformers and showed how that could play out in the then new sandbox style.

Then one game of the following series
COD
FIFA
NBA2k

Honorable mention to stick cricket, not the best game but easily my most played game on my phone.

FF7
Metal Gear Solid
Kingdom Hearts
Kung-Fu Master
Sonic
Street Fighter
Shinobi
Suikoden II
Sensible Soccer
WoW
World Cup Italia ’90

Bit of a mix there & definitely showing my age. Anything I can vividly remember constantly playing for hours & hours and/or late into the night makes my list. Don’t play enough anymore.