Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

In no order and probably subject to change.

Medal of Honor (PS1)
Civilization 5
TF2
Pro Evolution Soccer 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Medal of honor: Allied Assault (Multiplayer)
BF1942: Desert Combat mod
Bioshock
Mario Kart 64
Deus Ex

Greatest game ever…well probably not but in my mind its where it all started, my greatest memories are playing this game with clan members in the old comps on various sites,

I’d still play it now if servers we’re still around for it.

Favorites map? Mine, Stalingrad, crossroads …all except the snow one

In no order and probably subject to change.

Medal of Honor (PS1)
Civilization 5
TF2
Pro Evolution Soccer 3
Metal Gear Solid 3
Medal of honor: Allied Assault (Multiplayer)
BF1942: Desert Combat mod
Bioshock
Mario Kart 64
Deus Ex

Greatest game ever…well probably not but in my mind its where it all started, my greatest memories are playing this game with clan members in the old comps on various sites,

I’d still play it now if servers we’re still around for it.

Favorites map? Mine, Stalingrad, crossroads …all except the snow one

I’ve often wondered if I ever put a server up would anyone show up and play. Problem would be getting the info out there that a server was up.

Favorite maps: V2 rifles/sniper only was always fun. Always enjoyed the freezetag mod with enough people and Crossroads is a classic whether objective or TDM.

In no order and probably subject to change
Elite (C64 version not the current remake Elite Dangerous, it is one of the most disappointing purchases ever it is crap).
Space Rogue
Pirates
Warcraft II
Warcraft III but I preferred W2.
Skyrim
Elder Scrolls Morrowind
Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition
Football Manager 2005
Warlords 2 Deluxe.

Apologies to Diablo I, II & III, X3, Premier Manager 2, Defender of the Crown.

Prince of Persia
Fifa 98
Pes 4
Halflife
Warcraft II
Diablo II
Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear
FTL
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Dark Souls

Apologies to Carmageddon, Rocket League, Gothic, Marathon (Bungie), Stunt Copter, Dark Castle, Day of the Tentacle, Actua Soccer, WOW, James Pond, GTA San Andreas.

(I’ve never owned a console and I grew up on a Mac starved of game selection…)

Starting again in Skyrim, it is still a damn good game! Got an orc tonk, what was the recommendation? 1 hand with an axe and the other with some sort of flame spell? If someone can elaborate I would appreciate it.

Whats peoples thoughts on the new Nintendo console?

I’m definitely way past their target demographic, but other than their premium titles like Zelda and Mario I cant see what it offers. They really just need to transition to a software house, they have the best game brands around, but no one will play them.

Starting again in Skyrim, it is still a damn good game! Got an orc tonk, what was the recommendation? 1 hand with an axe and the other with some sort of flame spell? If someone can elaborate I would appreciate it.

I can’t remember Orcs being very good with magic. Dark Elf if you’re planning on magic and sword.

Hard question to answer - some of the games I've loved the most over the years have definitely not been the most critically acclaimed or acknowledged as 'best of all time'....

No shame in that.

Mine, in GENERAL order (not perfect).

LoZ: Ocarina of Time
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Galaxy (almost consider 1 and 2 as the same game - just like a map pack. And just as good).
Shadow of the Colossus
Hitman: Blood Money
Portal
Metal Gear Solid 3
Half Life 2
GTA Vice City and San Andreas each better than each other in different ways.

Then if I have to throw in a couple of incredibly unique games that aren’t the best but I’ve never played anything like but LOVE.

Katamari Damacy
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl (with Autumn Aurora Mod, played on a couch with Steam Controller)
Boom Blox: Bash Party (a party game that Steven Spielberg made with EA on the Wii… it’s awesome)

Lol, Australia got a civ

1 Like
Lol, Australia got a civ

Better have some Damper

Apparently Zelda BOTW is fkn awesome. Anyone else preordering a Switch?

Same as most Nintendo consoles IMO. A complementary PC/PS/Xbox is mandatory, but MORE than worth it as the top 10 games on the console will be world class. Just a shame I can’t wait 12/18 months and get it then - I’m too hyped for Zelda. ~ $700 for the console and that is a big drop for something which will have ■■■■ all until Mario comes out pre-Christmas.

Yeah I think Iam going to get one.

Zelda looks amazing.

Lol, Australia got a civ

I hear that when your civ produces the great artists ‘Barnesy’ and ‘Farnsy’, it triggers a Golden Age

Gone back to Command and Conquer 3, need some quality RTS games.

1 Like

Same as most Nintendo consoles IMO. A complementary PC/PS/Xbox is mandatory, but MORE than worth it as the top 10 games on the console will be world class. Just a shame I can’t wait 12/18 months and get it then - I’m too hyped for Zelda. ~ $700 for the console and that is a big drop for something which will have ■■■■ all until Mario comes out pre-Christmas.

Where you buying one for $700? Even with a game it’s closer to $550.

Where you buying one for $700? Even with a game it’s closer to $550.

Pro controller $99

Anyone play Wildlands yet?

Got a switch…and Zelda

How you going with it? I just did the first 4 shrines and got the parachute, the world has just really opened up. Took me about 3 hrs.

Fk me I’ve literally died I reckon 10 times due to fall damage because I cbf painstakingly climbing downwards. Getting the parachute will be a godsend

Still on the Plateau Getting those orbs.