Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

The Last of Us. Remastered edition.
Incredible game, story, gameplay.

Lead you into the The Last of Us 2 when it releases next year.

3 Likes

Last of us is one of the best and most emotional games I have ever played. Cannot wait for part 2.

If you are into post-apocalyptic ■■■■, get days gone it is really good too.

2 Likes

Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

1 Like

Thanks!

I found Last of Us to… start amazingly but dragged majorly for me in the middle - had too many samey samey maps for me (a procession of basements and alleyways) with too samey samey objectives (get ambushed suddenly, escape, another ambush, another escape, another ambush… repeat). The ending was also rather sudden, I was stockpiling all my weapons and ammo for a major boss fight and then suddenly the game ended and I never even got to try out the flamethrower. I’m hoping for more variety in the sequel as the characters, atmosphere, story and responsive controls were all top notch.

Another good PS4 exclusive, if you don’t mind a challenging degree of difficulty and a steep learning curve - is BloodBorne. Shadow of the Colossus (remastered) is also another PS4 exclusive classic (although Horizon Zero probably makes it look quite dated…)

anyone play warframe by any chance ?

used to. its a very fun game. i just got sick of it after binging on it for a few weeks. great game and FREE! doesent pressure you to purchase as much as other games

1 Like

Yeah it’s a bit of a chill out game for me

1 Like

Whoever is working on the reboot of ‘Premiership Coach 2019’…

Plz… just make it happen already.

I’m wondering if Adam, the original creator and developer of the series is still involved. He was extremely passionate to get a “Football Manager” quality game for the AFL and at the time I was quick to jump on board to help when he reached out looking for artists on bigfooty, must have been 2006/7.

I had years of playing Football Manager and plenty of ideas which I’m sure frustrated him no end over the time. But he was so passionate to get the best version of the game out to the punter. We collaborated a heap of unplanned additions to the game that began as a simple manager game to something that could be compared to the bigger management games.

We were just a two man team that never had met face to face, working and communicating from different states and later, time zones when he moved abroad to start a family in the US. He would code, and I would design. Back and forward via email and chat programs. Unfortunately life started to get in the way of my free time and I had to step away from the project before the 2011 incarnation was released. I just couldn’t give him and the game the time it deserved.

Ad was lucky enough to get another designer on board, a great designer which really took the look and feel in the right direction (I feel like I’m Pete Best to his Ringo Star) but to be honest, he was a far superior designer than I was and I was sure to let Ad know.

I lost contract with Ad over the years, as people do. Looking back I’m happy that I in a small way helped him realise his dream, and hope he’s still involved, as the game wouldn’t have happened without his devotion. I am looking forward to the next version.

2 Likes

I was getting heavily into Ark, but ended up abandoning it due to these farking uber tribes continuingly zeroing everyone. It destroys the fun.

PvE mode

Finished horizon zero dawn. Can’t imaging liking any other game as much as that…

4 Likes

I need to dust that back off, got 1/2 way through. Really liked it, but must have got distracted and never got back into it.

1 Like

ive been thinking of playing Horizon again. an amazing game. Im currently playing though Doom 2016 to get ready for Doom Eternal. so far im loving it.

Stuck with a few games to play during isolating times, playing the FF7 remake and Animal Crossing. Never played either series before and enjoying both, AC is a great time waster that can keep me pre-occupied for hours.

1 Like

Being at home has allowed me to play a bit more.

Kids are playing Pokemon : Let’s Go Eevee. Loving that. I’m trying to get some more time into Super Mario Maker 2 and Sword.

My Xbox is getting no love ATM but I do want to play Ace Combat 7, Kingdom Hearts 3 & Gears 5.

1 Like

suuuuuuuuuper delayed response but, do you know what’s going on with it?

I know a few people have tried to reach out to see where it’s at and just haven’t received a response. It looked like it was due to come out last year but alas, no go.

I know as much as you do. It’s been years since I’ve spoken with the original developer and I am not even sure if he is involved anymore.

I would definitely play a mac version if one was available.

1 Like

In a world where we live in a quarantine reality, i would love nothing more than to burn my time pretending to be an AFL coach.

1 Like