Gaming Thread - PM Polydeukes your Gaming IDs

I have been so absorbed into Ark: Surivial Evolved that I haven’t really given many other games a shot.

Downside is people building these big ■■■■■■■ bases that make the server lag and leave out a ■■■■ ton of dinos that take ages to res in causing lag. I am finding that I just need to move my base to a spot on the map where no ■■■■■■ has pillared (to stop building in) or not many bases.

Other than that, I can easily spend 4 hours a night just exploring, harvesting materials and feeding/breeding dinos on PvE.

I tried PVP version but raged quit when I built up a nice little base in the corner of the map to have some douche come in and wipe out everything, steal my stuff and kill every dino and repeat daily.

hmm the arc reviews in here have turned me off trying it.

by the sounds of it, reminds me way too much of the mobile games used to play for fun, people who would spend a ■■■■ ton of money on it, building up their base and alliances with other like minded douches just pummeling others for ■■■■■ and giggles.

OK nerds, I’m getting back into the gaming after like 20 years.

Got a set of pedals / Wheels (G920) and will mount them on something I can store awat when not in use, like this:

What I am need of is a proper gaming chair, made of cloth not leather. One thing I wary of is the swivel while driving, do any have locking mechanisms?

1 Like

just buy a junked sparco and build/buy a frame.

has to double as an office chair as well

Just finished last of us! Great game! And the follow up is apparently out next month!

3 Likes

im currently trying to find a 2nd hand HM aeron/ steelcase leap.

What’d you think?

I’m an avid fan of TLU.

2 Likes

FOOTYFANATICFX released an update a couple of weeks ago. It’s still a Beta version and he openly admits to having a few technical issues with the game, but hopefully there’s been improvements.

Unfortunately it’s only compatible with PC, so i am unable to run it and will have to live vicariously through someones review of the game.

For all of those who don’t know, it’s an AFL management simulator game.

It was huge. Totally in love with it…felt like a very unique game. I’m playing Uncharted now as I wait for TLU2

Any blitzes into sim racing? Just made the decision to move from controller to wheel/rig setup. Any tips? I’m on console atm playing forza, project cars and going to look into Assetto Corza where the big boys are apparently. Don’t have the wheel yet, just ordered it. How steep is the learning curve? Like just how good are these guys?

Finally finished the Witcher 3 after getting a bug and not playing it for 3 years.
What an absolute gem of a game!

Ok… Back to Apex Legends now. Hope I can afford the PS5 when it comes out at the end of the year.

Anyone in here on the Football Manager bandwagon? Bought it last week on my Switch, which is a slightly pared back version of the PC game but still a decent, in-depth football management simulation. After watching Sunderland ‘til I Die, decided to take over the Black Cats and try and get them promoted to the Championship and then eventually the Premier League. Currently sitting comfortably in 2nd, 1 point behind Blackpool, who I have next up. Top of the table clash! Busy December/January fixtures to come, which will make or break our season!

3 Likes

Except its not pay to win (some maps are DLC and many are free).

In PVE people cant wreck your base butif you dont play for a set time it decays.

New map coming out later this year is free.

1 Like

Thought it got pushed back to when ps5 comes out… might have been new Watchdogs that got delayed. Again…

Been playing since it was called Championship Manager through the 90’s smooth. I probably didn’t play for the past decade until the itch needed to be scratched again last year so I threw down the cash for FM19. Just love it.

I’m yet to splash out on FM20, mainly as I have minnows Cheltenham Town dominating the prem in my save.

Always loved the detail and statistics in these games. I saw a short doco recently where some actual english clubs use FM as a tool in their recruit and list management teams. That says a lot about the length of research they go to get the players as true as real life.

2 Likes

Yeah I used to play it ages ago, but then I saw some FM20 action on YouTube and thought I’d get involved again. My biggest highlight was taking Millwall up to the Premier League in about FM08 I think? Signed all these past their best players like Pascal Cygan and Vladimir Scmicer and managed to get up Highlight was beating Arsenal 2-0 with an über defensive formation, knocking long balls up at the target man and basically scoring from 2 attacks. So much fun when you get results like that!

2 Likes

Check out the FMScout community if you haven’t already. Awesome resource for tips, tactics and players.

Link: FM Scout Website

Currently in the midst of trying to raise the SPL to the best league in the world with Dundee United. going to be a long one I think :frowning:

Also may have been already mentioned but will be interesting to see what comes from United’s lawsuit against SEGA

1 Like

Update on my managerial career. I won League One with Sunderland by 19 points, had it sewn up about 6 weeks out. Now getting towards the Xmas period in my 2nd year in charge, currently sitting 2nd in the Championship just behind Derby County. Don’t have a massive budget but signed Watford back-up goalie on a Free transfer, picked up Shane Long on a Free transfer and he’s scored 10 goals in the League. Also signed Liverpool youngster Ki-Jana Hoever and Curtis Jones on season long loan deals and they’ve been outstanding, and also signed Jack Clarke on loan from Spurs, who has scored 11 goals including 3 hat-tricks! Probably could do with a real creative presence in the centre of the park so hopefully I can sign someone in the January window. Have about £5 Million in transfer budget remaining.

1 Like