Gary ablett jnr

Actually he does

So Houli takes a handful of Muslim players to another room does he?

1 Like

All players should be wearing beats by Dre headphones pregame and playing rage against the machine and yelling expletives

Only way to feel tough and manly together as a team

Oh and punching stuff

2 Likes

In an article I read sometime ago, he stated that he and someone else go to a separate part away from the main group before the game and pray.

I think the religion thing was only an issue at Gold Coast, because it contrasted so much with the group in the other corner who was smashing lines of coke and munching bickies.

13 Likes

As far as I remember it was just himself. Being the only Muslim player in the team, which is fine, its his pre match routine.

Look my argument isnā€™t even about religion. Itā€™s about segregation. When you segregate yourself with others from the rest of your team, itā€™s not going to bode well for bonding as a team. Like I mentioned before, if a quarter of the team peeled off and played D&D before running out, or sang show tunes, whatever, its going to divide whether right/wrong or indifferent.

1 Like

Iā€™d agree with that.

1 Like

Junior went to GCS for the big bucks. Heā€™s made his bed etc etc.

1 Like

More importantly, if Gaz is such a devout Christian, and he prays before every match for a GC victory, then why are they doing so badly? Heā€™s disproved the existance of God!

6 Likes

God is testing him

5 Likes

Well it is currently flooding up thereā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, itā€™s the guy who started a prayer group who is the problem, not the blokes smashing pills and lines.

2 Likes

whycantwehaveboth.jpg

7 Likes

I accept this is probably tongue in cheek however I will just say that I doubt he prays for a win. From what I have been told he prays that no one gets seriously injured and stuff like that and thatā€™s about it. It takes around 1 minute then itā€™s done and it is not right before the game but quite sometime beforehand.

Generally they all do the same warm up, pre-match meeting then listen to their headphones before they go out as a group.

1 Like

False equivalence much?

Donā€™t think anyone suggested that the party boys were good for team cohesion either. In fact in this case, would likely exacerbate the issue.

I have no problem at all with the praying and I was clearly taking the p1ss, come on IT

Signs are the guy is accustomed to being a prima donna, and has nothing to prove, Pay him a huge amount to play a few cameo games and demand everyone give him the ball to boost his stats, refuse to play sore and top up his super in his final years. Nah. No way.

Well, he has been testing Jobe for some time nowā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah I know, it is why I said it was tongue in cheek.

Was replying to an earlier post where someone suggested a prayer group was dividing the players.