General World News

A post was merged into an existing topic: Middle East Discussion

Europe facing even worse situations than previously thought:

1 Like

Really showed your true colours and covered yourself in glory here mate. Keep jumping at shadows.

I dont have that much in common with @Alan_Noonan_10 except for Bombers and old age, and we are not sensitive new age type of blokes, but I get what he is saying.

For cisgender or transgender people to get offended at songs written years ago is a bit rich. Not sure if you were serious in your go at AN but it is a bit rich as well.

It was written on a parody account.

1 Like

They didn’t, no one did. But a few are exposing their bigotry and insecurities to villainize trans people as a result. Bigfooty is thaaat awaaay if you want to indulge in that hateful nonsense.

1 Like

D!ckheads villainise others for all sorts of things. I applaud calling it out but don’t have much regard for trying to change history.

No one is try to change history. Are you being dense on purpose? You and others are getting wound up by a tweet from a parody account. So many snowflakes in this forum.

2 Likes
3 Likes

When USTR publicly pursued some seeming Mickey Mouse automobile GATT trade dispute with Korea involving corruption kickbacks to Tommy Suharto, it was a signal to the rest of the world that the US was about to pull the plug on the Suharto regime. It happened quickly after that.

3 Likes

Worth remembering that the Suharto regime was gleefully backed by the Berkely Boys, a group of U.S backed neoliberal economists who were in the country to offer advice and support.

They were the precursors to the more famous Chicago Boys who operated in Chile in the early 70s.

3 Likes

I’ve been following (and admiring) these guys cleaning up the Great Pacific Garbage Patch for a while now. It’s a good news story. They keep building new and improved garbage collection systems…

13 Likes

Where has my Chopper wheel gone?

1 Like
1 Like

There have been more protests and larger numbers at the price of bread.

11 Likes

November 2020.
Still, an impressive photograph.

3 Likes

Driver just come from a coffee shop in Amsterdam.

2 Likes

It was too cool not to share.

1 Like

UN WFP doing its bit for girls education.
In some of the poorest developing countries, it has been providing free meals to schools.
Parents who would otherwise pull out the girls from school to help out in the fields are leaving them in school.

5 Likes