General World News

I’m not sure the world has realised just how big an issue this is. The drought in the Panama Canal combined with the Red Sea issue, is very very problematic.

3 Likes

It’s come at some cost to developed countries, but it is immense for developing countries in terms of food and other essential supplies. It is also an added drain on the budgets of UN humanitarian agencies and international NGOs complementing UN assistance. Conflicts in Gaza and Ukraine have exacerbated the calls on agencies delivering humanitarian aid.
While people here are experiencing financial difficulties with costs of food and other basic supplies, there are risks of starvation and malnutrition in a range of developing countries.

3 Likes

Good boy

At least 12 people needed amputations after watching a game in minus 20 temperature. That’s dedication NFL Kansas City Chiefs: Fans at playoff game underwent amputations, hospital confirms - NZ Herald

1 Like

In truly shocking news: McDonalds is not working in many countries including Australia.

What do you mean by “not working”?

All Maccas systems were down locally from about 4:30pm to 7pm on that date, according to my daughter, who was managing a store on that day. They were unable to make sales during that time.

Apparently it wasn’t just in Australia.

1 Like

Life expectancy temporarily jumped a couple of days.

5 Likes

Donald hears the news about Maccas

1 Like

This new story could be worth following…

Diddy or didn’t he?

9 Likes

And if he didn’t, the law has Diddy squat.

1 Like

Should be locked up for the name alone.

1 Like

This isn’t going to have a good outcome

Mass casualty event declared. Over a dozen cars in the water. Couple of video angles:

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1772514015790477667?s=46

1 Like

Nah that’s just the result of someone typing “EFC at AFL tribunal” into an ai imagine generator.

I reckon the Pilot of the vessel might be in a bit of trouble here.

3 Likes

Gee…how the hell did whoever was in charge of the ship not notice how badly off course it was?

1 Like

More angles of the collision. Wtf

2 Likes