Getting Old - The 40+ Brigade

Ew!

2 Likes

Turning 40 next year and been losing the hair on my head more quickly the last couple of years so will have to make a choice soon.

Its not all bad though as I guess I have never really lost my hair it just migrated from my head to my back, nose and ears.

5 Likes

I used to worry about what to do with my hair, thinking Iā€™d have to go full chrome dome.
Turns out Iā€™m not bothered.
I just keep it short.
As long as youā€™re not doing a comb-over, youā€™re fine.

1 Like

comb over is the denial state.

Exactly.
Some people think Iā€™m grimly hanging on by just keeping standard mpb short, but they mistake laziness for vanity.
Who can be arsed shaving your head every few days?
Not me.

Let me tell you about my merkinā€¦

4 Likes

Having said that, Iā€™ve seen a few ā€˜sleazyā€™ comb-overs around the place.

Combined with the right clothes at the right occasion, it kind of works. In an ironic sort of way. A bit like Norman Gunstan but without the tissue paper on shaving cuts.

Itā€™s a bold statement.

2 Likes

Itā€™s certainly that.
Youā€™d need a big personality to carry it.

Starting to appreciate (use that term loosely) the annoyance of hair disappearing up top and appearing in totally unnecessary places.

I had to go into Warrnambool Base Hospital yesterday for my annual scan (just checking that a benign cyst doesnā€™t turn) and the female radiographer was an extremely pleasant, attractive, mid-30s lady who persisted in calling me sweetie, my darling etc.

If Iā€™d done that, Iā€™d probably be seeking bail today. But she was very chatty,I think I got her life story.

Soā€¦do they only talk that way when they perceive you as an old pharte?

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna assume you mean tongue. Who wouldā€™ve expected that?

2 Likes

far out - I did a quick double-take thenā€¦

8 Likes

Well, having met you I can confidently say it would be highly unlikely she was flirting with you.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s very hurtful!

1 Like

I donā€™t even know Noons and I felt that from here.

2 Likes

As the youth of today would put it;

ā€œooooftā€

If you know Furious Georgeā€™s avatar heā€™s just being himself.

Thatā€™s what happens when you call people ā€œa malignant c##tā€.

Anyway, will you feel better if I offer you a free cuddle?

Also, Iā€™m a total c##t.

Paulie Walnuts didnā€™t react that way when Tony Soprano called him a malignant c##t.

• might have been other Sopranos characters, but WGAF?

And anyway, I donā€™t remember calling you a malignant c##t. I have called most people on this site that, but Iā€™m usually more circumspect around people with access to heavy duty ordnance and could kill me with a twitch of their little finger.